Does anyone know any good classics. Like catcher and the rye, but what are some more. I'm focusing this blog a lot to Cody, but to anyone out there who knows of any classics. Jon's brother likes classic books (favorite is catcher and the rye) , so we're thinking of getting him one for Christmas. HELP!! I'm stupid when it comes to this!
Thanks
Shay
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Classics
Posted by
Anonymous
at
2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Shay,
My all time favorite classic is "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. Also "The Fountainhead" by same author. They are thought provoking..much talked about in literary circles. I didn't analyze to deeply - just enjoyed the read. (I found out who was John Galt)
Cody told me about Steinbecks...The Pearl. Short - powerful. I recommend it to all.....while reading look for the 'song of the family'.
Wouldn't it be fun if we had a book review section on this blog? So we could share with each other. Cody...can we do that somehow..have that be a 'catagory' or whatever it is called in blogtalk?
Good luck...share what you find out...Arlene
there's a book called "the Long Walk" (good rising above the odds book), or "the road less traveled"(I don't know abt. it, but hear people talk abt. it) or the 12 quote c.s. lewis a lot.
Amy
What about Helen Keller's biograpy "the story of my life" I LOVED that one.
All great one's. Also if he likes Catcher in the Rye, anything else by J.D. Salinger, I recommend Franny Zooey.
Post a Comment