Tuesday, November 22, 2005




So here is the deer that I (Sam)got. It was at least 400 yards. .270, 130 grain speer. 125 lbs dressed (minus hide, head, inards, legs). One shot to the spine in the neck and it dropped and was done before it hit the ground. 5 x 6. About as big as they get here in eastern WA. Carson, Dad, and I had to drag that thing all those 400 yards across a muddy plowed wheat field, and we are both still sore. But, we had a great time and thanks to Alan for the chance to hunt on his land. He has a little paradise there. It was a great end to the deer season for us. Now we get to focus on upland birds and waterfowl.
SAM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carson I must say I like the hat! Rachel

Anonymous said...

I should have turned down the earflaps but he took the picture too quick. It's a darn perty hat.

Anonymous said...

Carson, I love your hat. Really cute.

Sam, How much of the meat do you get? Gma

Anonymous said...

auntie Barb said:
You might know the Bodily's are not much into hunting, but I'm really jealous that you get to do that together and that you can share such a fun adventure. Your Dad has "turned you on" to a cool 'Comas thing!

yes, Cars...that's quite a hat! Maybe you could be a model for Sportsman America.....

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that adoration for such a fine hat runs in our blood.