
Mom came out tonight and we had supper. Then we went for a farm tour out north. We go down camp road and looked at the farm ground. We noticed how many new pivots there are now. Noticed that the ground is drying out and will soon be turned over with the plow. (Can't you just smell the dirt?)
We turned left on 700 and went past Montgomeries, Hansens, Lowders and Eames, then north to Haynes.
We looked at the new pivot on Bezaks and the place where Hillis has straightened out the property line.
Then went past Wendts (hello! Bill-yum) and out to see Mike Fowers new house. saw where Harriett and Lester Roys used to live. All along the way, Mom talked of experiences and things her and dad used to do.
Then back past "the Generals" and Binghams . On to the Dairy...a man from Las Vegas bought it "sight unseen!" He wanted to get his kids away from the gangs there. He's keeping the weeds down and trying to get water to it. (We talked to him). He loves it there and has good ideas for improvement. He seemed nice. He fenced in the front pasture.
Then we drove on past Stokers, Fowers and Nefs. Stopped at the cemetery.
All of this brought a flood of memories of the "good old days" on Grandpa Jacks farm. I could almost hear the frogs croaking down in the pond. Made me miss my dad and the wonderful place I was raised.
I think Mom enjoyed the ride. (Doesn't she look great!)
--Barb
Sunday, April 02, 2006
Sunday and our wonderful Grandma!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
7:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You do look great. I love you Mom. Thank you for your good example to us. Thank you for being a wonderful Mom and Grandma. And if you wonder what Grandmas knees looked like at 50-odd...I have a couple you can look at. Arlene
I love this story. I have missed dad so much. Glad mom is with us to keep us strong. You are so beautiful mom. I love you. I can hear the frogs and smell the hay and hear the crickets. There's no place like home. bev
The man (Brett Burns)that bought the dairy house said, "I heard that some family lived here that had 14 kids! No wonder the house was a wreck!"
Mom pipes up: "Wait a minute! sir! It wasn't the family of 14 that wrecked this house...that came after they left! That little girl took good care of this house."
Little did he know he was talking to the mother bear....
Post a Comment