Monday, May 15, 2006

Sadie

Well, we have a new member in our family. About 3 weeks ago we bought a dog, She is a pug and her name is Sadie. It is the best thing we could have done for Conner. She Loves Conner and Conner loves her. He picks her up, puts her down, tells her to listen to him, puts her in the wheelbarrel. Her personality and Conners are perfect together. They were laying on the grass together, I haven't ever seen a dog lay on his back, I looked out the window and Conner and Sadie were laying on the grass on there backs. We brought her home the first day Conner was playing with her in the yard and I saw him with a stick in his mouth and about an hour later that stick was still in his mouth. So since we have had this dog Conner has licked my legs, bitten my fingers, tried to go to the bathroom in the living room and got in his pen and barked like a dog. It just makes me laugh. He was really needing something and I think we found it. So Conner used to be into everything and now I never see him because he is outside playing with the dog.

Jana

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is WONDERFUL. I love that your little boy has a dog. I remember Gpa Jack telling about being at the SLC airport saying good by to one of the Bodily boys...when another missionary and his parents were also there. They had that missionaries dog...(the days before 9-11) and Gpa Jack cried as he watched that missionary saying good bye......to his.....DOG. The family was nothing compared to saying good bye to his best buddy...his dog. Dogs are just the best pets, you know how much Cricket comforted Gma after Gpa died! Like I said...WONDERFUL. We need a picture!
Aunt Arlene

amy said...

Oh, that is so cute. Our Brookey has a dog named Rosiey. It is amazing how much Conner loves Sadie. That is great. Our Rosiey is now a part of the family. If I say "everyone in the van" Brookey always says "everyone except Rosiey" so, I can see your Conner doing the same thing. I love a good dog. Thanks for sharing. It's funny, if anyone else tries to call Rosiey to come in the house she doesn't really listen to well, but as soon as Brookey says her name, she bolts to her side.

Anonymous said...

i liked that story jana. you did the right thing for conner. bb

Anonymous said...

Every little boy should have a dog to love. It teaches them how to be good to animals. Jack had a dog all his life. A good dog is a blessing in a little boys life.
Gma