Monday, June 12, 2006

I been out of this world

I have been to a reunion with Bev's kids. It was wonderful. I got to see everyone of them. I was happily surprised to get to spend some quality time with Jared and get to know his kids a bit and to know he has such a wonderful wife who is so good to teach his kids (kinda like Jessica does).I like the way Redge teaches his kids so they were not obnoxious, that is the way Jared has a handle on his kids. And I have to tell you Jared took us out to eat Fri night to the swankiest eating house in Centerville. He likes good food and we had it. I swallowed my independence and let him pay. I want to thank you, Jared. He was so generous.
Then we ( when I say "we", I mean Bev and I) went to Shelley's. We walked in the door and that was when a party began. The house was all decorated with topiary's, balloons and color.
Linzy and Shell had really gone the extra mile. I want you all to know I felt like a queen. We had the most delicious meatloaf, I think it was quava dressing, salads and etc. Then they had us sit down to a testimony like meeting, except we laughed all the way through. Each one had a turn to tell something nice about the name they were given. I was given Linzy. The little sweetheart, I could have talked all night. She spent so much time helping Shell and cleaning up after us. She has the cutest little boy (Kinda colicly) but he will outgrow it. Sometimes it takes a year. She has 4 big sisters that have taught her a lot about babies. She will be a great mother.
After everyone had a turn at their speech then Jared turned it on. It is the first time I have really heard Jared talk. It was wonderful. Jared was always in Colorado when we had our get-togethers and you need to know what a wonderful kid he is. I wonder where he came from?? he is so different and wonderful, I hope you all get too know him. I guess I like the word WONDERFUL. I use it a lot.
Needless to say we talked half the night. Then Ryan came home from work. ( I have to inject this. When we were at the Robintino"s eating ,Ryan came in and Jared's kids were so excited you would have thought it was Santa Claus. They were all over him.) They love him. He is easy to love. He has matured a lot. While we were there Ryan was called into a hospital to help with a hispanic man, Was gone about 3 or 4 hours. I hope he can get a job in his profession. He would be so good at it and he is so kind. I hope he gets a mate like "Jill." He deserves some one who will not take advantage of his good nature. I love that kid, and we also had a good talk.
He isn't a kid anymore. He is a man.
Saturday was a special day, because Shay came in. WE ate again, seems like all we did was eat and make a mess for Linzy to clean up. Then we did our projects. All the family had brought things for us to do and take home as souvenirs. Shay helped us make "Happy fathers day cards" Rachel taught us stamping. I could really get into this, but I think it is rather expensive. Rachel was really generous with her stuff. Then Jenni had us paint a crown with jewels on it. Really fun!!!!! Jana taught us a lot about the necessity of preparation for emergency. You guys, they were well prepared. Bev had us look through magazines and make a poster with words and pictures to tell about what we liked. I made one for Jenni. That was fun too. I wasn't going to do it, but they made it look so fun I had to play too. I brought home a lot of souvenirs. Shelley and Linzy had us each bring home a live ivy in a vase. It will remind us all year of the good time we had. I am so glad I was invited. I never heard a cross word (or negative) word with a house full of people.
I came home and couldn't unwind to go to bed. I have so many good memories. THANK YOU ALL, Morgan kids. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
We have some beautiful kids growing up.
If any of you want to have a party let Shelley and Linzy host it. They are fabulous.
After we left Shell's we came to Bev's house and got ready for church. I got to go to their sharing time. You have to know how much patience you have to have to teach 4 year olds. Even Bud had to have patience. It is harder when you are older. They just about maul him to death. I so admire them. They did wonderful. I wasn't going to stay for Sacrament meeting, but it was so good I had to.
I watched the play-offs and my team won. I read a few verses in the Book of Mormon and passed out.
Thanks for getting my mail and papers in. I had forgot all about them. Barb never lets anything be neglected. Thank you to Chad and Barb.
If I have failed to thank everyone, I apologize. THANK YOU. I will be back to normal soon. Gma

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful to bev's family for showing g ma such a great time. This is what really counts in life, isn't it?

amy said...

Oh, grandma that sounded like so much fun. Thank you for every word. I almost felt like I was there. (I really wish I was) as everyone knows the Morgans are my second family. I can just imagine all the fun everyone was. I love to stay up late and talk and talk. You really did a good job at making me homesick.