


Arlene is an old lady. Now before you get carried away and think I mean like OLD lady, as in nursing home kind of old lady...stay tuned. I mean like fun, groovy, cool old lady. A couple things have brought about his great revelation. One of them is this; Sam and Jill gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure. (First, of all you need to know...I don't really like the thoughts of other people touching my body, as in I DON'T want a gift certificate to a spa and massage or even a facial....BUT my feet, that sounds kind of FUN. - One disclaimer -my haircutter lady...has a pretty shabby shop - not shabby as in chic shabby - but shabby as in harvest gold and avacodo green decor - and her drape smells moldy...BUT I keep going back for two reasons, I like my haircut AND this is the BIG AND - when she puts on the conditioner she massages my head. Ohhhhhhh....I melt into the chair. MELT! Honey, I don't care if you have avacodo green and harvest gold I have my eyes shut anyway!) Okay back to the pedicure. (I needs lots of these..... ( ) and ; when I write, did you notice?) I am planning to go. Thinking about it has been fun. I realize they will ask what color of polish I want. Here comes the 'old lady' part. I want the brightest old lady red they have. To add to the 'old lady red' thing...I love RED lipstick. You know, the kind when you look at someone and think - Oh, she has pretty red lips, and 'Hi'. That lip gloss and nude color doesn't do a thing for me.
Second 'old lady' qualifier....these shoes...(note plain boring non-polished red toes...check back for post-pedicure photo- won't they look great BRIGHT RED?)
(Oh...blog land...I tried to load the pictures RIGHT here...but they have a mind of their own...so the suspence of seeing my cute old lady sandels is bannished. I wanted to say thrawted - but I am not sure how to spell that and you know Gma Lois and spelling I didn't want to disappoint here with a daughters' bad spelling...speaking of that, did you see the national spelling bee? Oh my I was spellbound (no pun intended)....that was amazing, I loved how they honored every kids, effort they didn't go off like with the Olympics and say...Oh, that landing she touched her toe that will cost her points...NO! They gave every kid a hug and honor and standing ovations.) Now...where was I and how many ( )'s have I used? Oh yes, the old lady thing. So...the sandals. Aren't they just the best? My feet are doing the happy dance. While Sam was on his mission the Ecco company made a line of shoes called 'alpha'. They only made them a couple years. I bought my first pair while Sam was on his mission. LOVE THEM...and now thanks to EBAY I have bought a replacement pair for the sadly worn ones and I found these Alpha Ecco sandels the other day...IN MY SIZE, can you believe it? Oh. I put them on and they say to my feet..."Don't worry little feet we will comfort and caress you and you will never have to give me another thought." And notice (I had to put in another picture) they are like BRAND NEW. (Note to Carson or Cody or Amy...how the heck to I load a image where I want in this stupid thing?)
Now before I end and disappoint you with this fun post being over already. I have one more 'old lady' qualifier. And that is...I always...and I mean ALWAYS have a big white mens hanky with me. They have served me well for runny noses, sticky fingers, something I didn't want to touch, ie the cart handle in Walmart, Grandkids numerous issues. I don't like the cheap rough ones, I like the expensive soft ones - and even better if they have been broken in and I can find them pre-softened at Goodwill.
So there you have it...from the fun - red lipstick and toe polish, groovy - always a hanky for any emergency, cool - comfy feet doing the happy dance old lady.
Arlene
Sunday, June 04, 2006
An official announcement!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
4:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And all those things you just talked about, plus HOW you talked about them, is what makes you so uniquely you and so fun and wonderful.
I like how you know who you are and if the world doesn't like it, too bad.
We truly do love you just the way you are: mens hanky in hand, red toes and lips and in very ugly but comfy shoes.
Signed: your sis (who wants to be like you)...barb
You are hilarious and we love you. WE are glad that you are excited to go and get your toesies done. Especially that you want the RED polish. You will have "GROOVY" little toes then.
Love Sam and Jill
I love the looks of those shoes...I could use another pair of shoes!!! Red is the only color for grandma toes!!!But lipstick, I don't think so.. How can you come up with so MUCH to say?!?!?!?!?bev
Post a Comment