Jessica and the Hilterbrand family,
Here is the Rumsey/Warner famous potatoe salad recipe:
Basic Ingredients:
Potatoes Hard cooked eggs
Onions Sweet pickles
Optional items: (But not to me)
Diced cheddar Cheese and diced celery
Place whole unpeeled potatoes in pot of water and boil until tender. Peel potatoes and cut into bite size pieces. Cut up hard cooked eggs, sweet pickles and onions. Quantities are determined by number of people you are feeding and personal preference. Add any dressing and stir. Add seasoned salt to taste. Chill and let sit.
Gramdma Warner's famous dressing:
1/2 cup canned milk
Lemon juice to thicken
2 to 3 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 to 1 cup Miracle whip
Combine canned milk, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well. Add Miracle whip; stir. Add to potatoe mixture.
Claudia's Dressing:
2 cups mayonnaise
1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar
1 to 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 to 2 Tbsp mustard
Combine mayonnaise with other ingredients, using smaller amounts and then adding to taste. Pour over potatoe mixture. If too dry, pour pickle juice into salad to add taste.
We're doing pretty good here in Kuna. I start working nights this week. As you can tell from the time this blog hits the internet, it'll be about 1 AM. I'm not real excited about Sunday's, but other than that, it will be ok. Josh and Emmalee are doing pretty well. They get along pretty good. When I get home from work, they are there to greet me and tell me about their day. I sure do look forward to coming home to see them. We are getting ready for the 4th of July. We're going to go over to Brad and Julie's. And of course, we're probably going to bring the "famous" potatoe salad. Jilana's sister and fiance came this last week to see one of her friends get married. He is are real nice guy. And of course, he speaks the language of the gods, Portugese. That makes three of us brother-in-laws that speak portugese on this side of the family. Speaking about Portugal, any guesses on who I'm pulling for in the world cup?? Jilana is doing real good. She is planning on leaving for San Diego in about three weeks. I have a few things to do to her car to have it travel safe. She sure treats us well. I am so glad that we met and got married.
Not much is new here. We're still trying to get through life doing things the best we can. Sending our love to all. Hope to see you all soon. Door is open for anyone that happenes to be in the neighborhood.
Eric, Jilana, Josh and Emmalee
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Posted by
Anonymous
at
11:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, Eric, It is good to hear from you. My kids are all into the cup. I had to call Ryan to get the details. Loved your letter. AUnt bev
Thank you so much for the recipe! And it's nice to hear how you are all doing. Can't wait to see your family at the end of August.
Eric,
I can simpithize with you about working nights. i worked 7pm to 7:30 am for 10 months. killer. glad to hear from you and look foward to seeing you in Aug.
sam
Post a Comment