Well I enjoyed reading all the messages before so I thought I would share one. I truly feel blessed. I was with Paul (a guy that paints with me). We were painting an addition to a two story house. The roof has two huge dormers so to paint them one must stand on the roof to do so. The asphalt shingles were dark green and the house was to be painted white. Not a great combo for spraying paint. And the kicker was the roof was extremely steep. Did I mention the roof was steep? Well we got all the prep done and we started spraying. I started at the top and had a rope tied around my body. Paul started to let me down. The roof was steep enough that he was all the support I had. Well as I neared the edge of the roof, I pulled the rope to get a little slack and the next thing I knew I was going over. I slipped off the roof and missed the electrical wires, hit my back on the edge of the roof missed the upside down cast iron sink and landed on my feet. My feet were 12 feet above ground when I started to fall and I landed on my feet without even bending my knees. I truly feel something from on-high helped me down slowly. Well to finish the story I asked Paul what the heck, no? he said that when I tuuged the rope I gave hima rope burn and so he let go. good guy, huh? Well anywayhe really is a pretty good guy. I just know now who will be holding who next time.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Scarey situation Jared. Have you heard the joke about the guy who was sliding off the roof and started to pray..."Lord please help me!! Then, his pants caught a nail and he was saved. So he said, "Oh, Never mind Lord!"
DUH!!!!
Glad you are recognizing his love and blessing. sure lgood to hear from Colorado!
Oh my gosh Jared, that is just plane scarey! I bet your wife loves that story and has 2 cents to say to the guy, and another 2 cents of thank you to the guardian angel. Man, thanks for sharing.
Wow Jared you are loved and watched over. I guess the comment is you must be living right!!!!
Whew..........and I was worried about you teaching school with all the school shootings...yikes...who would have thought you had TWO scary jobs. I bet your guardian angel wonders what you will do next?
Arlene
Post a Comment