Jennifer Renae Morgan born Nov. 7, 1980. Jen is the middle child. I love this picture of Jen and her bubbly personality. I think Jen is about 6 years old here. She was born with really black hair, and the only one with hair that didn't loose it.
She always liked the 'colorful' shirts and the creativity of doing things that enhanced the imagination.
It was the best of times and the worst of times. Jen did not really like the dairy situation and found retreat in her world of literature and art. This was when she learned to cope with the circumstances and grew to be a most remarkable individual. Jen learned how to overcome the worst hardships one could endure. She turned her trials into a learning experience and rely on the Savior's atonement to develop her into what she is today. She and the Savior became best friends. She chose good over evil. She realized that there could be a way to stay true instead of bitter! To this day she has a complete understanding of repentance, forgiveness and unconditional love for others who have wronged her and taken advantage of who she is. As with all the children I have grieved and shed many, many tears for what I put them through. Jen has reassured me more than once that she would not trade the experiences she went through because "it has made her a better person and strengthed her personal testimony of the Savior." She has told me time and time again that it is our choice how we deal with our past and present life. I guess you could say, she took lemons and made lemonade.Jenni was valedictorian or her class of about 300 students and was chosen to give the graduation speech for their graduation. When she graduated, we had moved to Declo, but she decided to stay at Minico, cause it was only 4 months 'til graduation. She had some really good friends as a senior and I believed she enjoyed her last year of high school.

Jen's great love for art has given her a whole new world to explore. She loves to express herself through art, drama and when in high school was on the debate team. She loves a good debate about any subject. Jen's art has become a great retreat for her. She enjoys illustrations and was accepted into the art program at BYU. It is very hard to get into this program. With her brains, she has had a full ride with academics and scholarships. She is working towards publishing her first self-illustrated and personally written children's book. She has a great mentor that is assisting her with this. She is also presently working for a college professor doing 'stuff' for him that will give her more experience toward these goals.

As you can see, Cody and Jen are like peas and carrots. One of Jen's best friends and a great mentor. They are good support and what a great friendship that will last forever!

Jen's missions was the highlight of her post high school days. Her decision to go on a mission was a great choice for her. She wanted to go abroad and learn a foreign language, but when the call came to Independence Missouri, she decided she could learn French on her own. Which she did.

When Jenni gave her farewell talk, there was doubt that she was actually leaving. Her talk was so deep and well versed ward members came to me and said, never had we heard a talk so well done. She expressed herself far beyond what a "returned" missonary could do. The Stake Presidency also had made comments about it. When she returned and she got up in front of the high counsel, she had them in tears. She was a powerful missionary. She was top in the mission for referrals and brought alot of joy to the other missionaries who struggled with testimonies. Her mission presidency was a personal secretary/friend/business associate of Bud's uncle that owns the franchise for KFC. She did not know this until the last part of her mission when they had taken her out to dinner and they got to talking. As a result, she was blessed with an additional funds (large amount) to continue her education, as well as Ryan. It was much appreciated and what a blessing for the mission she served. Jen's mission magnified her personality, made her stronger and stronger in the faith. Jen has NEVER, NEVER wavered from her testimony.

This girl can dance! One of Jen's most favorite things to do is dance!!! She loves to dance and is really good. She has rhythm. This was at our sister's reunion where things got a little bit wild!

Jen loves dark choc. frankly, any choc. The more chocolate it is, the better she likes it. She loves salsa and chips and refried beans. Jen likes to cook and sew. She made a most interesting quilt. She sews skirts and has a domestic trait about her. Jen is low maintenance. She requires very little of monetary value. She can be anyone's best friend. She takes on the down trodden and helps them see their potential and the light they have from within. She is my personal mentor. She makes me feel smart. She can talk the talk and walk the walk. She gets it!!!! Jen has a compassion and love for others and can see the good in everyone. I don't know that I have ever really heard her judge others. She is willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. When Jen lands that one and only....it will be a price like no other for them!!!!! She is a very good listener. I trust her judgement and she is honest with others feelings. It is with great pleasure that I am proud to be your mom, Jen. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I hope you can celebrate life and know from within the treasure you are to all of us, just to be in your presence I am a better person!!!


6 comments:
Jenni is one of the greatest people I know, and one of my best friends. The best.
Jenni is great. we just love her and love to see her wonderful smile. i know when ever i see her, i will be greeted with that beautiful smile. i remember her working so hard at art classes at BYU-I, and thinking, "why is she spending so much time on that lame elective class?" here i was studying BIO and CHEM and spending less time on homework then her, and all she had was ART. i guess i get it now. we love you jenni and want you to know we love you and are thinking of you on your special day!
sam and jill
Happy Birthday Miss Jenni. What a nice tribute to a really nice girl. You are such a star....we love you so much. Hey, do something wild and crazy on your birthday - like that dance we see here. Hugs...Arlene
I say AMEN to all that has been said about miss Jenni. She is a jewel. I remember her talk at her mission farewell, but it was over my head. She is so smart. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY. Gma
Thanks everyone. I guess if you plant corn, you get corn, and I had good farmers (uh weird metaphor)...Man, I remember those dairy farm days. You just learned to sleep when you had the opportunity! I love my family. Thanks so much for your love and support. Mom, you are da bomb! I love you so much! I love everyone else so much too! Jenni
I love you too Jenni. You are doing something with your life. You are going to be famous someday. Anyone who is as talented and righteous and hard working as you, is going to succeed. You're everybody's favorite! 26 hugs!
Post a Comment