Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My favorite time of year




This time of the year is the best. I have good memories of doing things together as a family in the fall. It seems that the summer rush was over, and we were settled into our routine, and I like that. I like that the weather is cooler. I like many things about fall. Hunting season, fire wood season, raking leaves season, harvest and finish the garden season. There is that nip in the air, and the cool moist breeze. I love it. I like being able to do hard work, and not getting pooped out from the heat. I like fires. I like getting the house warm, and being able to move indoors and spend time with those you love. Garrison Keillor is at his best this time of year. There is just something that moves inside my body about "winterizing." It gives me lots of good feelings to know we are prepared for another winter.

Sam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I think we are feeling it in our family. We are trying to be creative in how we spend time with the kids! (Like it just occurred to us to do this!) Life is the fast lane during the summer. I want to hibernate for a few months, can I??
cyndee

Anonymous said...

I spent most of the afternoon today splitting firewood. The feel of the smooth hickory handle of the splitting mall in your hands. The heavy thud and crack of the wood. The smell of freshly chopped wood. The crispness of the air that you can see your breath in. I love this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Amen, I like the fall colors!!!! I like the anticipation of winter weather. I like the sweaters and turtlenecks and just the feeling in the air. You're right. bev

Anonymous said...

You must be related to that guy I'm married to...Mom

Anonymous said...

Yep Fall fits you Sam. I like the change of seasons....