Can I just brag for a minute.....I don't have a baby to show off their front teeth, or the first time they rolled over or took their first step....but I do have a son that has his teeth into something big and can roll in the money and it started with a first step!!!!
Ryan called and was pretty pumped about his potential at IHOP. When we were down there we told the one GM John, that we were his parents, he kinda gasped and said...."Oh I wish I could offer Ryan the world. He is so good. He said that he is definitely in the right place. The customers love him." He said, "you know he will just sit down with them, go over the whole menu. He is kinda the touchy feeling kinda guy. The girls just love him. He could get away with murder in here!" Then the server that was waiting on us said, yeah, he is "everybody's favorite" He has another really good GM, Sheila,(general manager) that loves him. Why, because he has proven himself. The big owner of IHOP's name is WONG. He pays customers to go and eat at his restaurants unannounced. It is called a 'shop' test. They are scored. Ryan scored a 97 out of a 100!!! Most servers get 85-87. Along with the PR involved, which Ryan has plenty of, he has to do six things with every customer: 1-greet, 2-offer beverage, 3-offer specials, 4-repeat order, 5-offer desserts, 6-invite back. He will be the PIC (person in charge) which is over double what he makes now plus tips, this will be while the regular PIC takes off. He is also being offered to be a certified trainer. This means more money. He could get to where the Wong dude would have him go to different IHOPs and train like for a 4 week session. He made $150 in tips last night!! He earned it, though. It makes me so mad that food chains are NOT required to pay minimum wage. But with the new opportunities he can advance and get a salary instead. I believe the philosophy dad would say..."If you do what you like, it isn't work". Congrats Ry! from your mom
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Who's says IHOP is not the place????
Posted by
Anonymous
at
10:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How fun!! Way to go Ryan!! We are glad that you are happy and so successful. Keep up the great work!
That is great for Ryan. If he could get a job at an IHOP in Washington he *would* get paid minimum wage *plus* tips. That is the law here.
AND minimum wage is $7.76 per hour. Come to Spokane. Congrats Ry....what a nice gift you have!
Aunt Arlene
That is awesome Ry!! You are so good. Congrats on being the BEST!!
Ry, I doesn't suprise me a bit. I am so glad you love your job. Keep it up. Love Jana
BEsides that, you have your education! Now you have choices. Good for you.
I love that you love what you are doing. Go boy Go.
Chad...ask Ryan for a temporary job!
Ryan is the man. I love to go to IHOP. He is so nice and friendly and open. You can hear him across the room greeting people and being so wonderful. I love you Ryan. Jenni
Post a Comment