






Jared was born on Dec 7, 1976. He was born right on his due date. The first obedient thing he did. We needed him here so we could go home for Christmas. Jared cried for the first year of life. He had a BIG spirit in that little body. Jared was always a good boy. Jared is very competitive and hates to lose. Speaking of games...when he was in the 2nd grade at Acequia he came home wanting me to buy him some marbles so he could play at recess. I didn't have the money so Grandma Lois had the old Relief Society grapes that sat on every mormon table. She had cut them apart and gave Jared a "klanker" to take the next day to play marbles. That night when he came home he had his pockets completely full of marbles he had won. I knew then Jared would make his way through life and be very successful. Jared's first answer to prayer was when he went fishing (can't remember how old he was) and put a small milk carton in and prayed he would catch a fish in it. He did. He told me that was an answer to a prayer.
Jared and Jana you see in the pictures were like peas and carrots. Every one thought they were twins. They were very close growing up. Jared did all the chores on the dairy. He was very committed to being there every single night of his life. He never missed. He learned how to work, and work hard. The other kids would be off doing sports and Jared was home doing chores. Jared's favorite food is peanut butter sandwich folded up and stuck in a glass of milk. He STILL likes it!!! Jared served a mission in Guadalajara. He graduated with a bachelors in spanish/education. He taught spanish at the high school in the valley for ???4??? years. Ironically, he would come home from the first day of school and the first words out of his mouth were, "mom, I hate school". I thought every year...It's going to be a long one. Jared never lacked for confidence. He can pretty well do anything he puts his mind to. When he was in high school he wanted to ski, so he bought himself some skiis and went with his friend, Ben Lowder. He had a bet to take all his clothes off and ski down the slope..a bit chilly, but he did it!
He has his own painting business. He does really good and supports his family in many ways. He has a lovely wife. Jared is a deep thinker. In fact, he never stops thinking. If he is ever sititng on the couch with his legs up looking out the window, you know he is not with us. Give him space, he'll be back. He has a great sense of humor. I love to call him, he makes me laugh most of the time. He is my mentor. If I have a big decision I want to call Jared for advice. He is a great friend and brother to his siblings. One year for Christmas he bought 10 cans of hair spray for all 10 sisters.
I am sorry I didn't get this out sooner. Jared, thank you for letting me be your mom. Thank you for your great example and sincerity to do the right. Hope you had a great day. Happy Birthday, love mom
Thursday, December 07, 2006
"Bomb" baby
Posted by
Anonymous
at
7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jared...I remember the marble thing. I also remember you doing all your chores and everyone elses...I didn't think it was fair. I am glad you learned how to work hard. You are awesome. Arlene
i remember when jared gave us all a pack of gum for christmas and told us to take a hint!!! i'm still not sure what he meant by that... my brethe never stinks!! haha shell
Belated Happy Birthday,Jared.I remember you were always the one to stay home and WORK. I guess it didn't hurt you, cause you are real good at it. gma
I remember doing some cub scout things with you. I like your cow lick! You have cute kids now. I wish you much happiness...you've endured some heartaches but come out strong. Happy B day!
Jared I'm surprised you still have that muscle you are showing off in the pic.
Post a Comment