Sorry to hog the blog...but I have realized I can do hard, scary, frightening things.
First, I am so grateful for my FAITHFUL FAMILY...you guys have been my backbone through this trial. I deeply appreciated your fasting and prayers. I know God heard. He is aware of each of us. Thank you for the Testimony letters they have been read and reread. They were a strength to me and Dall.
One of the Doc. said that Kenadee was fortunate but I believe and I know it was a MIRACLE... it was God's will. I have learned many things. I'm so grateful to a Father in Heaven that love's me. I know he does because of this trial. I think if we went back to heaven and wasn't tride we would feel cheated and not think God loves us. Kenadee has a strong spirit. I knew she was different when she was born. It was just a feeling I had. There were litte things that would be said or that I would feel. The Lord was preparing me a little for what was to come. Many tender mercies through this...one that comes to mind is when Jenni and her roommates came and caroled at my room.(Silent Night) I would ask Heavenly Father for a little sign. I shared a room with a very kind couple and there baby. They were able to leave and I was having a hard time and Ben & baby came to visit me. It was a hard day but I know there visit was a tender mercy. This couple also took us out to dinner and for a limo ride. Very fun and refreshing.
I have never pleaded with my Heavenly Father so much. We just have to TRUST in the Lord. At first that was scary for me but by day 14 I was getting better at it. I see a small glimpse of maybe how Heavenly Father must have felt when Jesus suffered for us. You want so much to take away the pain. I love the Holy Ghost... He is so comforting. That is the greatest gift!! I'm so grateful for my testimony of the gospel I couldn't have made it through without it.
I'm so grateful to be HOME. The word HOME has new meaning!! I missed my other precious children. I love my BED...the sheets and my pillow have never felt so good.
Just want to Thank you guys for everything. Thank You for 'bearing my burden' with me!! A thank you doesn't seem like enough. Know that I love you all and so proud to be in the Hilter and Walker Fam. (Grandma's the toughest and so faithful)
Kenadee is doing well. Took her to the doctor yesterday and she looked good. She still has the diaherra...I can handle that! The doc. did noticed that sometimes her eyes don't focus the same. He said it could be the inflammation. So we will have to wait and see. I know everything will be okay!! If not... it will be IF she has to have surgery. TRUST TRUST TRUST in the Lord!
My Dad sent me a quote I'm going to put on my wall...Live simple, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly, Leave the rest to God.
Hope everyone has MERRY CHRISTMAS I know I will!
With love,
Rachel
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
HILTERS CAN DO HARD THINGS....
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Rachel....it is so good to see you here on the blog and know that things are going better for you. We are so glad that you are HOME, especially to have all of your family together... Thank you for your testimony and example that you have shared with us. We are so glad for prayers and family and the blessings God gives us. Merry Christmas!!
Hey, Rach,
I think that it is a blessing you have been so willing to let us into your life and understand this trial a little more. Everytime I came to visit you, I left feeling better. I left feeling stronger. I left feeling more full of faith. You truly are doing this trial right. I felt the spirit around you. You sure do have a testimony. Thank you for all you have shared with us.
Love Amy
I agree...it's been good for our family to pray together and realize that we must trust in the Lord with all our heart.
Also, good to realize that we are not alone and that the Lord gave us families to help each other.
I've been thinking about how fragile life is and how dependant we all are on the Lord for everything!
I also have a strong testimony that trials make us become more like Him and are necessary for us to prove ourselves and grow. (I still don't like them!) But when we get up there, I would be darn mad if He took them from me and didn't let me qualify myself for all that He wants to give "his most valiant."
I pray for all our family and I'm very thankful to belong to such a great one.
We love you. Merry Christmas!
Rachel....I love you letter. I love your testimony. You have a wonderful attitude. Hope that the baby is okay. Gma
Oh Rach,
I am so happy you are home with your family. Whew....I love our family so much. I love that we can all help strengthn feeble knees.
We will remember you in our prayers often...mostly prayers of gratitude for this miracle.
Thank you for sharing hard things with you. WE CAN DO HARD THINGS....whoopee ding!
Arlene
Post a Comment