Sunday, January 07, 2007

I am going to try harder

I am going to try to do my part in posting news on the blog. I notice we have over 1000 hits on the Hilterbrands blogs. Someone is just reading and enjoying but are unwilling to contribute.

I am going to get out of the dog-house, because I would rather get more blogs than e-mails.

I went with Steve and Barb up to Rhett's baptism. It was quite an occasion. I would love to have gone to Kade's also, but no one was going that way. Cyndee had her bro's and sis's and parents were there. Steve's parents came . Jon and Shay came and Chad and Annie were there too. We had a delicous dinner. I had a good visit with Steve's mother. They had gone all out to make it a special occasion for Rhett.. Redge has a big beautiful house. Lots of room and a big family room downstairs. Lots of bathrooms, bedrooms and finished to the max. I couldn't help but notice how much the ward loved Cyndee and Redge. They are doing good. Serving the Lord and taking care of there parental duties. When they asked Rhett his favorite scripture he said
When the water came out of the temple and flowed east. We were amazed.
I could barely remember hearing them talk about it in S.S.

I have enrolled in a genealogy class for 9 weeks, I need to work on why I am still on the earth.
I take this class instead of Gospel doctrine. My P. blessing said I would live to do work for those who have gone before me. I need to get with it.

I talked to Merrill ,and Arlene had the flu and she was still coughing. He said he thought everyone was okay except Von. His incision that they had made for his heart transplant was coming open and he was very miserable with it and worried about it. They say they can heal it with oxygen. He goes down to Salt Lake and they do nothing. But Merrill said there are doctors in I. F. that do this kind of thing..I can't think what they called these doctors. But evidently people who have major surgery have their incision pull apart like this. I had never heard of it.

All the news I have is the Jazz are a good team. Their record is 24-10. I love to watch them play. That is all my news. LOVE, gma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma I love your post. I do like blogs. Exciting for Rhett...I love the Bodilys.
I am getting myself plugged back into genealogy, also...but for the McComas'. We need to share information. I want to have the Hilters and Watson infor you have.
That is a worry for Von...he has sure been on borrowed time, hasn't he? I hope he can feel better.
I don't love the Jazz...but I love that you love them and I love hearing you talk about them.
Mom...you are a powerful influence for good as the Grandma of our family. I want us to all follow your example - you are so determined to do right. I love you. Arlene