Well we had an interesting day today!! well actually let me back track a little!! Chantel is going through this hitting and pushing phase... i didn't know what to do. my clients will bring over there kids and chantel starts pushing them around quite a bit. With one clients poor daughter i felt we were babysitting more then doing highlights. it made for a really long two hours well i finally found out what works. i would put chantel in time out in my room and close the door she would cry a liitle bit, feel bad and i thought, oh good we can do this. it works. well that only worked about a week and this is what happened today!! i was changing her diaper and she keeps kicking me. It hurts, i said "chantel don't kick me or you'll have to sit in time out"!! she looks at me smiles... and kicks me again and says "mommy, i want to sit in time out" i kinda ignored her finished changing her diaper she stands up and says "mommy i want to sit in time out ."
They aren't suppost to like it!!! so she's sitting in her room, by herself, no toys just smiling away,!! like this is fun mom glad i could kick you!!! she stayed there forever!! something has got to give, any advice!!!!
Friday, January 19, 2007
time out...... does it really work!!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm sorry Shell...I laughed through the whole story:)!! I'm not much help...!! She is so cute it is hard to get mad at her! I'm afraid the fun has just begun. Sorry, I'm not better help!
Chantel is a psychologist, maybe smarter than you think.She is so cute and smart. SORRY, dear mother.
gma
kick her back,
Jared
Well, we went through that phase with Ashtyn too. I remember that I would tell her that she would have to go to time out if she did the nono one more time. Then she would do it and then she would even go put herself in time out smiling all the way. I couldn't believe it I thought why in the world does she want to go to time out. But like all things and stages of kids it didn't last. She did it for a quite a while but eventually it wore off. We just decided to keep at it. Time outs are very effective at our house and I think it is because it has been a consistent thing that we have persistently used and it is expected for bad behavior. So my advice is keep it up but that is only because it has worked so good for us! Hope that helps. Jill
Put her in her high chair for her time out... she doesn't like it in there!
I agree...you have to put her in what Shay calls a "naughty spot", or a place where she doesn't like. (like the high chair)
How about standing in the corner with her nose to the wall?
I still think she's cute.
barb
Barb..Shelley tried the corner, she started kissing it..and laughing. she loved it here too. I think she has Shelley's number!!! bev
You are kidding? What?
Post a Comment