





(I wanted these pictures in the reverse order...but just start at the bottom, and look up, ok?)
We're celebrating the 29 th birthday of my son Tyler. Grandma Jack called him "T-texas!"
I want to tell you a little story about each of these pictures.
This picture of him in the bathtub. Isn't he cute? I had just given him and bath and rubbed him down with lotion and put his little jammies on...then left the room for a minute. When I came back in...(to my surprise)...there he sat, back in the tub! He was looking at me like..."Well, I wasn't done yet...now what ya gonna do about it? I'll just take my punishment...and I know I deserve it...but it was worth it!" I don't think I got too mad, cuz he looks so irresistable.
Ty got his Eagle scout. I'm proud of him. He's a finisher. Whatever he sets his mind to...HE. CAN. DO! He's a very determined young man. He also has always had a little "twinkle" in his eye and given us occasion to scratch our head, on occasion!
The next picture of Ty dressed up like Mickel Gorbechoff (sp?) still makes me laugh! I just absolutely LOVE it! He was in Jr. High and wanted to win the contest. I fashioned him a "bald Wig", Steve drew the birth mark on hi head, we found the suit and brief case at DI and out the door he went that morning. He said when he got on the bus, all the elementary kids were staring at him. As he sat on his seat and could feel their eyes upon him. He quickly turned around and said, "BOO!" they jumped! and Ty loved it. By the way, he won!
Ty was always making us laugh with his imitations of teachers and people. (Remember Rocky, Bev?) Remember how he used to do Pee Wee Herman! He won several elections at school with his great imitations. (An election speech is all about entertainment, you know). But his peers did love him! In fact, the only year he didn't run for office, he won as a write in!
Ty with Mom and Dad. One thing Ty has done that has been a real blessing to G ma Lois is get her hooked on the Jazz! Oh, my! he got into the game and so did he! They still love to talk about it. Ty's what I call: a real true blue fan!
Ty was a good missionary! Doesn't Brazil look hot and dry. It didn't matter to Ty. He had committed to give the Lord 100% and that he did. One of the first things he wanted to do when he got back is go to the temple and "see" if he had represented Him well.
One of his mission companions got mad at Ty cuz he walked too fast! He reported to him to the mission President. The Pres told the Elder, to " YOu just keep up, Elder, keep up!" Ty has a long steady stride! He is strong... physically, empotionally and mentally!
The next picture was taken the day he got back from the mission. He'd seen a few rays of sun, don't ya think?
Next is the picture of Ty and Ky on their wedding day. Aren't they a stunning couple? Both loaded with talent, potential and much to give. She is a beautiful wife and he is so proud of her. He appreciates all she does to support him. Often times when I talk to him he says, "I couldn't do this without her. I love her so much."
They are great contributors to their ward, and growing spiritually. I told them they will have stretch marks when they leave there..I am so proud of them for pulling together, serving the Lord and helping Him build the kingdom in that little part of the world.
Last summer, Ty (and Ky) came home and went fishing off our bank. They have two of the sweetest little kids. Ty says, "I look forward to coming home getting loves from my kids!" They like their daddy!
I could go on, but just to say, that I think Ty is one amazing man who has accomplished much in his 29 years. He is an example to all of our family of one who works hard, is a good husband and father and servant of the Lord.
The Bodily motto is: 'Remember who you are!" Ty is honoring our name by the way he is conducting his life. He stands tall and true in the path leading to eternal life.
Sending love and best wishes.......mom


6 comments:
Happy Birthday TY. Your mom sacrificed Grandma Lois coming to Colorado to help me when Jana was born, instead of staying and helping her in Idaho. She is the greatest mom....and you are the greatest son. bev
Sure love you bro! Nao posso esperar para ir ao Brazil consigo. Eu morri no Brazil!! ha ha! Para bens!
Ty...you are so handsome. I remember Pee Wee Herman and all those funny imitations. Funny. I like that little sparkle in your eye. We love you Ty...Arlene
Happy Birthday Tyler!! The Jazz are playing a Happy birthday tune for you (and me). Huh Gma
Ty happy b-day i am reading this a little late. i loved every word! i am proud to be related!! love ya hope all is well
sorry i forgot to put my name that was me shell
Post a Comment