That year - I put together a Christmas book on TESTIMONY. I found all the testimonies of the current 15 - when they accepted their call - as an apostle - that first Conference talk. I have Pres Hinckleys from 1961....he has been a apostle since 1961!! As President Hinckley would say, " just think of it".
I also asked family to share testimonies.
This is the testimony Gpa Jack shared: (I have not corrected spelling or punctuation)
"I am a mormon because of a lot of little things, not a big thing. I have four smart girls and I don't beleive they would send their boys on missions if they didn't know the church was true. The grandsons sacrificed a lot to go on their missions.
I always beleived in a God or wheat wouldn't sprout. I still don;t understand why or how the stars and moon are there.
I have had a hard time growing a testimony, because my dealings with mormons have not been good. I have got four (4) SUPER son-in-laws that I look up to.
I wish I had been a mormon when I was younger. It would make it so much easier now. I think when you do right you have so much better feeling than when you do wrong. I think that must be the 'spirit'. Some day I hope to have a testimony as good as Lois, but I have a long way to go.
I don't know why I am still alive. I think because of Priesthood blessing and family's prayers. Maybe he was giving me a chance to have my wife and familly sealed to me."
I am missing you tonight, Daddy-O.
Arlene
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Christmas 2000
Posted by
Anonymous
at
7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dad's still alive in the Spirit! He is close by...and growing in testimony and knowledge. He is there preparing a place for his family. He still cares about each of us. Once a dad always a dad! We still have a dad/ grandpa! What a great reunion we will have one day...with Mr. Jack (Rabbit) Hilterbrand as our family patriarch! I miss him too!
Post a Comment