Okay so I have been asked to help with a young girls conference. It is going to be on March 17 and it is for all the girls in the stake that are 10 and 11. That cute young age where they giggle a lot and are so sweet and innocent! There will be a special speaker first and then three separate classes. One about having a merry heart/cheerful countenance/good attitude, one about having a mighty change of heart/solid testimony, and then the one I am in charge of CLEAN HANDS PURE HEART. They have a scripture with each theme and are sticking with the heart theme, if you noticed. I will teach the class three times. It will only be for about 20-25 minutes per class(like a mini sharing time). I need some good ideas of what to do. They said I could do "hands on" (like paint fingernails or ??) or just talk or whatever I want. They would like me to tell them that they can really look beautiful without all the make-up and the stuff you can get caught up in, but that we need to pamper ourselves and that pampering ourselves with the little things is what will help us have better self esteem and make us happier. There will probably be between 10-12 girls in the class at a time. Please help me and give me any tips or good ideas. I know that this is one of the best places that I could ask for advice because I think all of you great ladies are some of the best examples of what I am supposed to talk about. It is the little things that make a difference.
Jill
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Help Me Ladies!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wouldn't paint their nails if you want them to grasp the idea that makeup doesn't make you beautiful!
Beauty is only skin deep.Save the makeup until they are 16 and then it will be time to grow-up. gma
Wow Jill sounds like fun! That's Camryn and Autumns age. If you haven't been to jennysmith.net you should, because there are lots of good ideas, object lessons, and handouts (they call them clip art) by topic. I'll get thinking for you. Good luck. I know you will do such a wonderful job.
The lady who asked me to do it said all of what I wrote. Her idea was that pampering ourselves fit in with painting nails. Simple things like just nail polish make us feel beautiful but that we don't need to overdo it!! Jill
Jill, I think having the girls paint each other's nails in a soft pink color isn't a bad idea at the beginning of the lesson. You can talk about how taking care of your outward appearance helps you feel good inside. .Also, how if you overdo your outward appearance or worry too much about the way you look, you waste valuable time that you could be using developing the talents and gifts Heavenly Father gave you. You may also give people the wrong idea about you by the things you wear or the way you try to look. If you were in God's presence how would you feel? D&C 121:45 (ym/yw theme this year) "let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God" Ask them if they have examples of some good ways to take care of their outward appearances, and then some examples of some ways they might send the wrong message with their outward appearance or feel like they are trying to impress others instead of themselves.
Then spend a lot of time talking about the wonderful gifts Heavenly Father gave them. Have them each list talents and gifts they know they have.
Just some ideas. You are awesome!
Beauty Tips
*For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
*For lovely eyes,seek out the good in people
*For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day
*For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone
*People, even more than things,have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed;never throw out anyone
*Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands,one for helping others
*The beauty of a woman is no in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be ween from in hereyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides
*The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows
*The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years
Whenever they have me come and teach a lesson on hair I always give this poem!!
If my daughter was attending I would want her to know that she is beautiful because H.Father created her special!! I tell Morgan she is pretty because she is kind, honest, a good helper etc.
You could hand out the poem with a little heart mirror? (I don't if you can get a heart mirror)
Post a Comment