Yesterday, Grandma Lois went to her Rigby Class Reunion. She was so excited! Here is a picture of her very special 8th grade friends. They had so much fun talking about their childhood memories. They sang their highschool "beat 'em" song and a cute one about wrinkles.
However, Grandma Lois had a few surprises. while she was there....
She was surprised when one of the friends, who had been on a mission, said: "I've been a visiting teacher for 60 years and I'm retired from that now! I've done it long enough!"
She wanted to talk to them about Geneology...specifically Indexing...but none of them knew what she was talking about. (They don't even have a computer, let alone know how to use one.)
She mentioned that she had canned 2 bushels of peaches this week. Response: "Oh my goodness...I haven't canned for years."
Grandma Lois comment after all this..."You know, I I have to keep myself going, or I'll wither up and die."
You are " WON der FUL!" mom! "WONDERFUL!"
4 comments:
Grandma- I love it. You are so inspiring. Thanks for keeping-going, and sharing. Love you so much. Thanks.
Wow, Grandma you are amazing! 2 bushel peaches that is great! I'm glad you aren't "To Old" or "I've done that long enough" I've heard that from others and wonder why they would say that!
You are a good example to me!
Way to go...Mom. You are my favorite. You look so good. SO good. Inspiring. Arlene
Grandma Lois,
Thanks for all of the encouragement and your example. I love you.
Post a Comment