Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A new aggregator

So, that last time I tried this it didn't work too hot. I built an aggregator site that would gather all of the new posts from all the different Hilterbrand Blogs. I had trouble with it keeping up with all of them. I have removed that and instead installed a new side-bar item. This is essentially the same thing as the aggregator site, but it is located conveniently in the sidebar, and instead of the full posts it is just links to those posts. This should make things easier. It also serves as sort of an archive list of all our blog activity, and as such I have removed the archives. Let me all know what you think, if you see any bugs with it. If you have any questions leave them in the comments and I'll get back to you. Also, if you have a blog that you want to me to add let me know.
--Cody McComas

P.S. - I can also add your stream of flickr photos or youtube videos if anyone wants to share those with the family. There are many, many possibilities so if you have an idea, let me know.

P.S. - How flippin' cute is little Summer McComas!?

**Update** Okay, I cleaned some stuff up here and there, and made some subtle changes. Hopefully nothing too drastic. Let me know if anything is messed up. Amy there is now a little archive menu at the very bottom of the sidebar.

2 comments:

amy said...

Very Cool! I don't totally understand it all. Is the archives like totally gone? Or just "hidden" Are you sure you are going to school for biology and not computers, you sure are smart.

Anonymous said...

Keep us going..Cody! bb