Friday, May 02, 2008

The reunion

Well, you have all probably heard that when the Fabulous Four and Mom had our reunion and started planning the big Hilter reunion we just got overwhelmed with the cost - it will be like $2000 just for the facility and food etc then add to that all the personal travel etc - gas prices, missed work, (and to be honest the expense for the McComas family is a bit daunting) we just felt like we couldn't do it. When I told my kids we all cried and Amy, said - "You aren't the boss of me." (She said it in a nice way.) So I guess Auntie Arlene is asking what all of you think? We - the Fab Four and Mom can't come up with $500 each to 'host' the party. AND....so am asking, what do you think we should do?
Will you commit the TIME TO COME...and really come. AND will you all commit to help with the expense?
Would you be willing to have the reunion in Spokane? I know we are the ones that moved...but think of our expense coming that way EVERY TIME. It is hard.
We canceled Sunshine P. BUT..the question is will all of you contribute time AND MONEY and travel etc to make it happen?
We could call to see if Sunshine P is still available...or even plan for next year.
What is it worth to all you all?
Arlene

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was very let down as well because I really really like to see my cousins!! Well, Jon and I both do! It is darn expensive and the price of gas doesn't help the situation. I just wonder how much it would be if each of us pitched in. Can we figure that out somehow? This is a little "accountingish," but could we add up the costs it would be for everyone who would be coming (cause Spokanites do pay a lot more to come) and maybe divide that up amongst all of us....we could just see how much it really would be? I don't know. Kind of get a commitment and pay ahead a flat fee (subtracting out your own gas). Whew....is this making sense to anyone but me?

Shay

Anonymous said...

We are let down. Not that we were going to be able to go this year, but all y'all southern ID and UT-ites should still get together and tell us about it.

OR, should each of the fab. 4 families just have thier own reunion, take pics, and then post the highlights.

We miss seeing our cousins too.

Sam

Anonymous said...

If the cousins want to still get together and plan a way to make it work we 5 "olders" will be glad to support it. Someone jump in a make it work and figure out the money thing. We just did not know how to do it!!!! aunt bev

amy said...

I'm with Shay, lets simply figure out a way!

Jenni said...

I was sooooooo sad. I am glad there is still a chance. I want everyone to meet my sweet Heber. If we could figure out a way, I want to see my cousins too! I know this great place in Priest Lake Idaho that would be a beautiful vacation spot for everyone (and it is 2 hrs from Spokanne)! OR I would be happy to do it anywhere!
Jenni

Jenni said...

Aunt Arlene
If we did the reunion, could we do it in Spokanne region?
Jenni