We had the wonderful opportunity of attending stake conference this week end. We are so fortunate to be members of the true church. I really came home on a high. I only get to attend two sessions. We had the privilege of having our area seventy and his wife and our new TEMPLE PRESIDENT and his wife as visitors.
We have a special Stake President and his counselors. Every one of them gave us talks of such significance.
I can't write all that they said. But the first session Sat. night was on getting our three months supply. The Lord has promised us he will do nothing but what he will warn us first. With all the calamities happening in the world at this time we have been warned. If we are prepared we shall not fear. We must have enough food and finance ahead to help our children (and neighbors.) This means more than our food storage.
If we are prepared spiritually is even more important. Are we attending the temple regularly, having home evening, reading the scriptures every day, saying our prayers often. Do we teach our children about the gospel?? They do not learn by osmosis!
We only have one chance to teach our children. We never get the second chance. Do we want to get in heaven and not have all of our family there. Do we want an empty chair? Sounds like it could be doom and gloom. I am so thankful that all of my grandchildren and their spouses have been to the temple.
I have so much to be thankful for. I have such a righteous posterity, and a wonderful heritage.
The Lord will never take away our agency. Nor will he force us. It is up to us to make the right choices.
That is about enough preaching. We live in a cruel cruel world. Be aware!!
I read in the paper where Pres. Bush had been to visit Pres Monson. This is about his 4th visit to our general authority. I think Pres. Bush is a good man. What will our next Pres. be like. The more I hear the scarier it gets. What have any of them been taught about "The plan of happiness".
I guess it depends on who they pick for V.P.
I will not be able to care for my yard this year. I have hired a neighbor boy. His parents are willing to train him.
I am so happy to have Jana have her baby here. I am so glad he is strong and healthy. Let us pray that the upcoming ones will be strong and healthy also.
I want to thank Linzy for the lovely lotion she gave me. I want to thank all my girls for my new DVD player. It is wonderful. I want to thank Barb and Arlene for my shower equipment. It is so nice. Thanks Bud and Bev for my new plant. I hope and pray I can keep it alive. Thank you Marcia for all the free medicine.
The doctor has changed my medicine. I will not be taking neurontin any more. He has changed me to Lycria.(sp) It will help me more with the burning in my feet and legs.
I am on trial now and if it helps he will give me a prescription.
I feel like I need to pay my brothers a visit and hopefully see Lorna too.
I wish I had a camera. not really,I can't even run my microwave. I am having a hard time learning this modern equipment. Oh well.
I love you all. May the Lord bless you in all your righteous desires. gma
Sunday, June 01, 2008
I been to stake conference this weekend
Posted by
Anonymous
at
3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment