Now don't get excited! Some may think I am an idiot, but that would be because I passed my intelligence on to my lovely daughters.
Arlene posted the recipe for cranberry bread. I printed it off and proceeded to make it. Well it said to put in a loaf tin and bake one hour. I decided I would bake it in cup cakes and share it with the missionaries. So I put it in cupcake tins and decided to watch t v while they baked.
When I woke up 1 and 1/2 hour later they were well done.(burnt).What was I going to do? I couldn't just put them in the trash or they would smell up the garage and the boys would see them. So, I wrapped them in several old grocery bags like you get at the grocery store and buried them in the garbage can. I decided to make another batch and this time I would be more attentive. I didn't have any orange juice, so I used mango juice. I had to make several substitutes, just mild ones. (like orange peel, I used lemon peel). any way I stayed awake????? Barb called and woke me up when they had baked for 1/2 an hour. She said "Mom you only bake muffins for 10 or 15 min. (I thought she must have smelled them at her place.) But I rushed and took the pour little things out of the oven and they were hard as rocks. Oh dear!
Half the day was gone and I never had one thing to show for it. Well, I am not a quitter. So I put some icing on them and put them in a tupperware container. Hurray! that softened them up. (well, a little) I told the missionaries they were an original recipe but they could have some
You know they said they liked hard things and they have eaten all but 4 of them. Maybe someday I will make them some more.
One thing I am sure of, they like my potato soup. I made soup from my (original) recipe. With lots of coaxing they ate it. I thought I would make some more. This time I didn't have the leftovers in my fridge so I made some substitutes. I would share them with you but I am contemplating having all rights reserved. They won't eat it. You wait they will get real hungry and taste it anyway.
I decided the reason things do not turn out good for me is I wear my pants backward. I like back pockets I never use. I hate it when people tell me my pants are on backwards. But at least they look clean from the front.
I decided to clean up my sewing room. No one noticed it. I have threatened to kill anyone who goes in that room. So. It isn't a really large room. (9x9)
I have a full size table in there that is loaded with my precious stuff, with a sewing machine in a cabinet, A t v and a full size ironing board, plus a card table. Now I have two lovely small tables plus a TV tray and a chair for the missionary and my sewing chair. The missionaries have promised they would not tell anyone how they get in there. NO harm has come to them for making the effort. I have already guessed you think it needed it. whoopee!! I found the carpet on the floor is still there. I took the big ironing board down and hid it in the fabric closet. It does look better, if you walk a crooked path.
I thought I better write to you so all,all of you would keep writing on the blog. I will try to be better next time. Love ya all, gma
Saturday, January 31, 2009
I am not an idiot
Posted by
Anonymous
at
8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Dear Lois.
You are NOT a idiot.
Period.
The end.
Arlene
Mom. YOu are sooooo funny! what other 84 year old Grannie would blog? You forgot to tell them that you have 12 quilt tops all made and ready to quilt, and what about that geneology you so faithfully do, and the visiting teaching beats you never miss, andso forth!
One failed cranberry bread day certainly doesn't mean you aren't a lovely person. We love you alot.
Oh mom....I didn't know you wear your pants backwards?!?!?!?
Maybe I'll try that. Funny Funny mom!!!!!! bev
Oh Grandma! That really stinks about the muffins, but at least they did end up being eaten! :)
I love it that the elders ate them!!
Grandma, isn't it uncomfortable to wear your pants backwards? I love you by the way. I am an experimental cook too, like my mother, who is apparently like hers! Heber doesn't always like what I "make up!" We've been married long enough that he is starting to tell me! I just think he is a picky eater : )
No, you are not an idiot, but you are outrageously funny. Honestly, who knew? I mean, we knew you were funny with the invitation to scrape our legs after a particularly boisterous flatulent outburst, but this stuff is just comedy genius. "Original recipe" - mercy, I nearly hurt myself laughing.
Post a Comment