Today Rachel called and told me about Morgan and Austin:
She could not find Morgan, she wanted her to help her with something.Finally when she found her, she said, "Morgan, what are you doing?" her replied, "mom, you need to whisper, I am at the temple. Do you want to come?" She had Austin's scriptures and she was AT THE TEMPLE.
Austin has a friend that he plays with, lives down the road and has cancer. They were asking for donations at school to help him. Austin wanted to take his pennies he has saved for a long time to give to him. Rachel thought it would be ok, like he had 500 or so. When the teacher called she said, I started to cry when I say Austin bring in his pennies. They decided to count them and would call Rachel back with the amount. When she called back, the teacher had called the Blackfoot newspaper to do an article on Austin. He had 6,000!!!!! pennies. Rachel gasped. "oh". Austin will be in the paper for donating $60 worth of pennies to his friend with cancer. What a great teaching moment worth alot more than $60 and for Austin to get the recogition!
That's all! bev
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Rachel's children
Posted by
Anonymous
at
4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW! THat is AWESOME! I love to hear about wonderful opportunities for all these little "giant" spirits. THat is wonderful. I love to hear about other families.
You did a great job of posting, you don't need any help from me. Good job
Amy
What a precious story. Thank you for sharing...Arlene
Rachel I love you! Youre a good mom! barb
Rachel, you are teaching your kids RIGHT. I love to hear how they are doing and I love your kids. So mature for their age. They have the right heart. gma
Wow!! Neat kids Rachel. That is really special. Thanks for sharing Bev....Jill
Post a Comment