Well, as many of you know, we are expecting in 9 weeks. Sorry to those who have hard pregnancies, we have been blessed with an easy one (hopefully the tables don’t turn when the baby comes out!) In fact, we didn't find out we were expecting until 4 1/2 months. Thank goodness though, because I was sure grumpy! We were glad to blame it on something! When we first found out, Dusty’s response was “That sucks!” Then he would tell everyone, “Linzy thinks she’s pregnant!” Even after we went to the clinic he would tell people “Linzy thinks she’s pregnant!” Until we heard the heartbeat and had an ultrasound, then it hit him! Here is a picture of Dusty telling his mom our news: It’s a boy! He couldn’t stop smiling, all the way home!
He has got more and more excited as he watches my belly grow and the baby move, he can’t believe there is really something in there!! I took him to a breastfeeding class with me. He had his head down the whole time. He ended up being the only guy in there. He said he felt like a pervert. I told him, “Yeah well, I bet all of these women are wishing their husband was here!” I don’t think he will go again! He has been a good sport. He has only missed one Dr. appointment. He is amazed every time we go in and hear the heart beat. He is going to be the best dad! Yesterday, we were at Shelley’s house. I was at work and Shelley had to run an errand. She asked Dusty if he would watch Chantel (9 months). He said yes. When we were driving home, he told me he was scared. I asked him why and he said he had never been left with a baby that little before and she is only (he holds his hands about 12” apart) this big! I called him when he was there alone and he told me they had a lot in common. I said oh yeah, why? He said because we both like to sit on the ground and like to eat little things and we both like to get toys and throw them on the floor! He later told me that Chantel would throw her toy on the floor and he would pick it up and hand it to her. He was like, finally after a while; I decided I didn’t want to play that game any more!!! He is so funny!
We have experienced a tender mercy a couple weeks ago. Dusty was driving to work when a guy pulled out in front of him. He t-boned the guy at 55 mph. The guy was pulling out to turn to go the opposite direction of him. He was blessed with only hurt wrists, and sore neck and chest. They did x-rays and no broken bones. The driver of the other truck had his head go through the windshield and had a sore shoulder. He was released from the hospital. The passenger was rushed to the LDS hospital. He broke his neck in three places and broke his back. We don’t know how he is doing. Dusty doesn’t want to find out. Three miracles: 1) Dusty had ladders in the back of his truck. His back window shattered and could have come up and easily decapitated him. 2) The other truck had a propane tank that was recently filled up. It was on the opposite side Dusty hit. 3) Dusty had a friend that was helping him with this job and he couldn’t go to work that day! What if he did? What would have happened to him? Dusty has always been an addict of wearing his seat belt. You can bet he makes sure mine is on! Dusty didn’t get a ticket. It was the other guy’s fault. He had insurance too, so we are okay. Dusty’s truck, his most treasured and prized possession, was totaled. Sad because we were just talking about it and he decided he wanted to keep his truck for a long time. He wanted his boys to drive it to high school. He said, “They will have the best truck!” He really took good care of it. Dusty has had a pretty “rough” year. He sold his bullet bike, his 4-wheeler, and totaled his truck! I have to remind him that he got me…and a baby! He just smiles.
Here are pictures of his truck. The second one is a profile. His truck is smashed to the width of his tire! We are very blessed!

What we do: Dusty is a painter. He has one semester left and then we are off to England. No, Dusty wishes. He applied at Hill Air Force Base (in Ogden) as a Sheet Metal Mechanic. He just had an interview and will hear back within 6 weeks. He is graduating in Public Relations with a minor in Portuguese. He wants to get this job and move up to be a PR person for the government. However, if anyone has any pulls or ideas we are open for options! He wants painting to be his side job. Jared has taught him a lot. He calls him for help and advice, and Jared often says “well, that’s never happened to me!” So Dusty has had to learn a lot from experience too! He has done well. I help him prep and when he starts painting, I get a break! I work at The Utah Statesman and American Classifieds. I am taking this semester off. As for track… we will see how much time I have next year! The coaches couldn’t believe that I would come ask for a scholarship when I was three months pregnant (how could you not know)! They were okay with it, for the most part! Just the recruiter who gave me the scholarship was a little ticked! He’ll get over it! The Statesman is the Utah State University’s school newspaper. I am the ad designer. It publishes three times a week. I work my own hours. I just have to get my work done. My boss is awesome. American Classifieds is a want ad newspaper. My dad’s cousin is the manager in Provo. They really appreciate me. They bring the baby (their grandson) something at least every week. I go down here (to Lindon) on Tuesdays, stay with Shelley, work Wednesdays and come home after. It is about a 4 hour commute, but in two days, it’s a breeze. I love what I do there and so it makes it worth it.
Thanks Shay for sending me the website, and Barb for the instructions! Grandma! Thanks so much for the potato bag and also for the hat for our baby! I am sure he will love it! We will keep you all posted on the baby. Thanks for everything and especially your great example! What a blog!!!
With Love…
The Allens
Thursday, January 05, 2006
9 Weeks Left!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
awesome update linzy! Keep it up, especially about the baby. We're so glad Dusty is okay...whew. What a scare, eh?!
Shay
OH MY! That was a big ole scare! I am so glad Dusty is okay.....whew.
It was so fun to read about your pregnancy. It will be fun to see your baby boy at the reunion. Thanks for sharing......Aunt Arlene
I just cannot imagine you with a baby. Seems like it was only yesterday you were a baby yourself.
One thing about it--it will come to a clean environment. I love you kids. Gma
Oh , little Linzy...what a good good letter from you. You scared me to death about Dusty wreck! what a miracle. I'm excited about your baby! Please keep writing. The Lord loves you and will bless you! You and Dusty hang on to each other...
Hugs. Auntie BB
Wow. sounds like you and Dusty have had a year. your life will change forever with the new baby. the great thing is that it will change for the better.
we love that other "hilters" are catching up with the blog.
sam mccomas and famliy
Post a Comment