Wednesday, January 18, 2006

a couple things

Number 1....I hope all of you have received the reunion reminder. I didn't get any back so I assume I have everyone's correct address.
Number 2...I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up. Let me tell you it has been a long struggle. At one point I wanted to be Mary Englebrit, then it was Suzy Spafford (of Suzy Zoo fame)...then I thought I wanted to be Zig Zigler. I have even fancied being Liz Lemon...but in reality knew I didn't even hope to have the talent. I considered being a famous author like Jan Karon and writing about my simple Christian life being raised on a homestead in southern Idaho. BUT...I have finally figured it out....and it is none of the above.
When I grow up I want to live someplace as beautiful as Spokane Washington. I want to be married to a good man who loves the Lord and loves me. I want to have children...I want them to live righteous lives, and marry 'right'. I want to be a Grandma and have my grandkids around me so I can share their lives with them. I want the health to enjoy all of the above.
WHOOPEE DING....I am DOING what I want to DO. This is me - exactly like I am - when I grow up - I am BEING what I want to be. Wife - Mom - Grandma. Amazing.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Arlene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want the same as you! It's all about the family, isn't it? I love you. It's nice to hear you so happy! bb

Anonymous said...

Arlene, I can remember when we would all be together and you were up in Spokane with little kids or no kids to speak of, cause they were away from home and you would be crying cause you didn't have family around you. You wanted to be here. It makes me so happy that you have all of your righteous family up there and you are so happy. mom