Friday, February 17, 2006

Arlene does a - catch up - round up

I guess since nobody else will post I will be the big mouth and tell everybody's news.
First of all Rick has been called to be the Bishop...yes, that is again. He is so grateful for this opportunity to serve at this season in our lives. So much easier for us without such big demands at home. He has wonderful counselors. They are young...kind of like working with his sons...very fun. Like the stake president said after they were called...'they are hitched up and ready to go'. Young and exciting and full of energy. All Rick will have to do is keep them between the lines because they are capable and eager. Humbling to work with these good boys.
Carson and Jess are patiently waiting for news about their China Baby - Jess has a blog about this 'expecting' which is much longer than nine months! http://blog.frogbody.com/chinababy/
Jess works in the Young Womens program even though she would really like to teach the CTR 5's she is doing a great job with the young women. Jess is just a mother extraordinary...she does amazing things with her children. Just the other day she shared with me she is making a book for Camryn about women heros from the scriptures. Oh...Jess...you are amazing!
Her personal blog is here...http://blog.frogbody.com/simplelife/
Carson has been released as the ward mission leader and is the ward clerk. He thinks the calling is partly because he 'does' computers. That may be ....but I would love Carson to be Ricks' ward clerk. Pres Kimball was a ward clerk for 10 years. I think it is a good 'training' place to learn about the workings of the church.
Carson is kind of famous in the internet entrepreneur world (I can't even spell it)- I still don't quite know what he does but he is good at it....whatever it is?...here is one of his blogs - http://www.workhappy.net. From here you can click on "Hi, I'm Carson McComas" and surf around in his world a bit. Sometimes I look at him and listen to him and think...where did he come from - he is so smart! (Moms can say that, you know!)
Mark and Amy are also bishop. It is kind of fun for Rick and Mark to get together and chat. I also like calling Amy and having her counsel with me. Very fun. Amy is such a good bishops' wife...I want to be like her. I am amazed at how wise Amy is....she is sagacious. (good word, eh?) Their family has good talk time at supper, like we did as kids. I can tell because the other night we grandma-sat her kids and at suppertime they kind of went 'into' their supper routine. They are memorizing a scripture and so we did that. (the one for the reunion...STAND TALL! are you memorizing yours?) Then they talked about the worst part of the day and the best part of the day. I love that supper talk. Rick and I enjoyed every minute with them.
They have exciting news...a new baby in July. What fun. Can I hope it is a boy, a little buddy for Spencie.? Mark is remodeling their home. Mark does hard things, did you know? He can do absolutely anything. He amazes me!
Amy has a blog...http://theluvofamother.blogspot.com/
Sam and Jill are soon to be home owners. They are living in a duplex 'tending' it for a couple on a mission. The missionaries will be home in April and Sam and Jill will move into their very own home. It is very exciting for them. It has an unfinished basement and so everytime we talk..it is planning a 'new' design and plan for all of that unfinished space. It is fun to have your own place. Like Dad (Gpa Jack) always said..looking forward to something is what gets you out of bed in the morning. Sam works at the Veterans hospital and loves his job...all except it is graveyard. So...our every prayer is that he will be on days soon. It is kind of the 'thing' you have to go through to get on days...work your turn at nights first. He likes taking care of 'his' patients....mostly 'old men'. If you were an old man, wouldn't you love your nurse to walk in the room and have it be 'our Sam'?
Jill has a blog http://www.heartsboundtogether.blogspot.com/
Did you know Jill brings such a wonderful 'gift' to our family? It is the gift to love life. She is amazing...for Valentines we got a bunch of hearts on our door...from Ashtyn...and Hailey...enjoying the season...by giving. I love Jill.
Cody...is at WSU in Pullman. He is living with Jessica's brother - they have discovered they really like each other and enjoy this arrangement. He is studying bio-engineering. He loves it. He is so glad to be back in school and learning. We love that he is just a couple hours away. Not that we see him - but it just doesn't seem so 'gone' as it did when he was in Rexburg. He can get home for a special weekend, etc. He also has a blog at http://barefootblog.wordpress.com/
Okay....someone else share your family news.
President Gordon B. Hinckley --------"There has come to you as your birthright something beautiful and sacred and divine. Never forget that. Your Eternal Father is the great Master of the universe. He rules over all, but He also will listen to your prayers . . . and hear you as you speak with Him. He will answer your prayers. He will not leave you alone."
Arlene

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arlene, what a good letter! Nothing like a good newsy letter. I think it is wondeful you have such a good active family. We won't let Satan in our door, will we? Does everyone have access to the "Blog"? mom

Anonymous said...

good letter ma. i just don't feel like I should post, when all i have to say is we are excited about getting into our home.....that is all we are thinking about you know.

sam

Cody Russell McComas said...

Aren't we just the bloggingest family around? I guess we all feel like we have a lot to say. Either that or we are just loud mouths...or both...that is probably the case.

Anonymous said...

I also loved your "catch up". I want to write more, but I hate to be a blog hog! and it;'s kind of alike a testimony...I think, is my news "important enough to write"? Thanks...barb