Friday, February 10, 2006

The best Valentine word

You know how words like...love, sweetheart, family, endearing, eternal....you know all those words make you feel good just saying them? Well I have to tell you a new favorite word at my house is BENIGN.
A long....scary....frustrating story made short. December 28th routine check up....'suspicious' cells...because of your history with cancer we better do more tests...more tests...wait..hold our breath....results...BENIGN! BENIGN! BENIGN! Actually they are NOT even atypical...NOTHING....nothing - nothing to worry about.
Life is so fragile..it can turn on a dime. Hug someone you love today - tell them so. I LOVE YOU...oh, I am so happy I get more time - here in mortality to be with my family. Oh..I am so happy.
WHOOPEE DING - BENIGN!
(Having little or no detrimental effect; harmless: of no danger to health; not recurrent or progressive; not malignant)
Arlene...the happy - doing Toyota jumps in the parking lot - screaming - dancing - giggling Arlene. Is there a reason to not work because you are 'well'. I know you get sick days but what about you are so stinky happy and relieved you need the day off...just to scream and do the happy dance?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I regularly take time off to do the happy dance.

Anonymous said...

Arlene, I am so happy to hear the good word. I had almost forgotten there was anything to worry about. Bless you, you have not finished your mission here on the earth.SUCH GOOD NEWS. mom

Anonymous said...

wow! I didn't realize you were holding your breath. We all rejoice with you. I don't know what I'd ever do without you. I love you. I thank Heavenly Father....Happy day indeed. barb