Hey Hilterbrands!
I didn't know this blog thing was such a hit. It's good to see though and get an update on how everyone is doing. I sure love my family, even though i haven't seen all of you since being home, know that i love you all. Obrigado pela mensagem em portuguese Eric, e tao bom ler e falar portugues com qual quer pessoa. Tenho medo de perder a lingua portuguesa. E uma lingua e um povo INCRIVEL! Um abraco para ti e tua familia. I feel I am adjusting well again to "normal" life or the "world" you could say. I DO miss the kind of spiritual bubble and just the spirit that comes from dedicating yourself 24-7 to the work of the Lord. And to think about MYSELF. I am currently living in Rexburg and working at a place called Western Wats which does telephone surveys to businesses. How many of you have had the people call and want to do a survey with you? I have and I've a jerk. Well, I've pledged that if I ever get another call i WILL do the survey with them. It's quite the job. I'm learning a lot and have had some good experiences. Today I got a wrong number, but the man told me I hadn't reached him by accident because the Lord wanted "to make Himself know to me" and wanted me to pray with him so I had a man that wanted me to pray with him on the phone. It was pretty funny. But I'm thankful for a job that pays and I cannot complain considering how poor i am. I guess you could say i've adjusted back to being with girls or I should say GIRL as well. Yes, i am continuing to date Annie, a girl i dated for 3 months before the mission and things are going well....VERY well! i guess I'm kind of head over heels about her. But I'm going to keep dating her and get to know her again and see how things go. Nothing will happen too soon. I'm still getting my feet back under me, but she's definitely got a lot of the fabric I'm looking for.
Anyways, it's my bedtime here in Rexburg, just wanted to give you all an update. Good to be home again. I have a new perspective on life and I'm determined not to allow myself to get caught up in the "world" again, but to center my life around Jesus Christ and His gospel. Yes, we have to work and we don't have to listen to the Mo Tab 24-7, but we CAN stand in holy places and we CAN control what we bring into our homes and what we do each day to maintain the Spirit in our lives. He's our sure compass in life. I love my family SO much. Let's not forget the important things in life. We don't want ANY empty chairs. Thanks for all of your examples to me. Um grande abraco from Rexburg!
chad bod
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Home Again!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Chad, you make my heart sing. It is so good to hear from you. I like to watch Hallmark shows. Is it okay? I should be a better person. I get tired and have to do something to relax. I have to say, I tell surveyors I am busy, call back next week. I wish you all the blessings in the world.You know the Lord will answer your prayers. Gma
Good boy, Chad! You are a great example to all of us. If I didn't like Annie so much I would be mad at you for not coming home....but I know you're having fun. You deserve the best of everything. You're everybody's favorite!
I love you, mum
You sound real good Chad. It is good to hear from the newly returned. I LOVE that! I love the commitment to keep better, I really think it is going to bless you for the rest of your life. That commitment is always there. I am speaking from observing my own husband. I am thankful he made some real and lasting commitments when he got home. 11 years later, he IS still creating holy places. I am so grateful for that.
And it is ok to date and be interested. Mark and I started dating a week after he got back. Not saying Annie's THE ONE, but it's good to move forward with the next part of the plan. Good for you.
Love ya!
Post a Comment