Thursday, March 09, 2006

One Year Ago Yesterday

Hello Everyone, It has been so great to hear everything that is going on. So I have decided to tell you all what's been going on with the Taylor family. Well it has been a year since Jared's accident it is hard to believe. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about it and thank my Heavenly Father for the many many blessings that he gave us at that particular time, and is continually blessing us. We were at Jared's best friends house and I was talking to his wife and she was asking how Jared was doing and I mentioned that I didn't know why Jared was spared and she said,"For you and Conner." I really do believe that, it wasn't just for him but for his family. It really has been a long long year. I wouldn't change anything that happened and I don't ever want to re-live it either. I can say that alot of good has come from the accident. My testimony hasn't been stronger especially the power that the priesthood can give. It makes you appreciate being apart of this church we call, the church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. It made me realize the Ward FAMILY that Jared and I have. It made me want to do, be, live where I am suppose to be, where Heavenly Father wants me to be. For example, their are no accidents that Jared and I live in this ward the Park Taylor Ward. It reconfirmed to me how important family is. These are just a few examples their are many more and I am still learning. As for Jared he is doing awesome. He is not 100% back to normal, but he never complains, he is the reason he made it through, all that he went through, he is a rock. He is running our business Taylor'd Electric and I do all of the paperwork. I really enjoy it if I could only find the time to get it done. Now as for our new addition Gabriel Boyd Taylor he is the sweetest baby ever. He is very patient and just cries when he is hungry, diaper needs changed and when he is tried. He is 6 weeks old. He is about 6 1/2 lbs. I am finally feeling better. I had really high blood pressure 174/102, They say thats why I went into labor. They also said that the reason Gabe was only 4 lbs 12 oz is because my placenta quit nurishing him. The blood pressure has finally gone down now, and It don't feel like I am hung over, however that feels. It is amazing, how you don't realize how bad you feel until you feel normal again. Finally, Conner he is doing good, he is all boy and never stops talking He talks to spiders and has a friend named John, whoever that is. He is always getting into stuff and climbing up on things. One day, he wouldn't stop getting up on stuff and I had had enough. So I told him if he got up again he was getting a pow pow (that's what Jared Morgan calls it). He got a pow pow and he was crying and came in the front room. Conner said, "Mom you gave me a spankin and I had to wipe my eyes, mom you don't give spankins, Dad gives Conners spankins, Mom you feed the baby."( I was feeding Gabe at the time) He doesn't miss much. He is adjusting, and is a cute big brother. Well, that is an update from the Taylors. Jana

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana! you are gonna make you G ma Lois day (and mine) but she really really loves to hear about her grandkids and their kids. She reads this blog faithfully. (so do I!). I want you to know that I also know that Jared's recovery is a miracle...a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father! I thank him also that you have been blessed. I love your little family so much. I really admire Jared for his faith and courage, and your are such a good wife and mother. I'm glad you shared all this and reminded us of just how fragile life is! I love you. Barb

amy said...

Wow! So much time has gone by in a year! And how wonderful that Conner is sharing his personality so much! I love learning how my kids' minds work. We up here in Spokane Love you and want the best for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that update Jana, how neat.

Anonymous said...

Jana, wow, alot of memoires came flooding in on that one. I never drive to Twin but what I think about that horrific night! I love you and Jared so much. You are the ROCK for Jared and Connor! You proved that you can do thngs not everyone can do. mom