Here is a link to a great idea / website.
http://www.storycorps.net/
When you have a spare moment, Click on "Listen," and just enjoy.
This is such a great idea. I heard about it on NPR.
I think I need to get the people in my life (especially people older than me) to tell me stories about thier life whenever I can get them to. It would be fun for them, and a wonderful experience for me. Wouldn't it have been great if I could have had G-pa Jack tell me how to raise girls now that I have a couple?
I listened to a couple of them, and then told myself, "I'm gonna listen to everyone of these!" Hope you enjoy.
Tell me which one is your favorite.
I really like Taylor and Bessie Rogers.
SAM
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Story Corps
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sam, I love this. I can't believe the many different emotions that arise from listening to so many different experiences. I found myself loving people who came from whatever background and in whatever situation. I really liked Buela Gabriel (what a tender heart she has) and 12 year old Joshua Littman (sweet boy.
Sam, I listened to alot of them and plan to listen to more...like one a day. Arlene and I like the one about the lady who was her husbands "best hired man". I remind us of OUR mom and dad.
Thanks for the good site. barb
Post a Comment