Sunday, April 09, 2006

I went to a Jazz game Arpil 8 2006

You may never hear the last of this experience. It was wonderful. And we won, too.
At 2:30 Jack Harman came and picked me up. (He could have been farming, you know) He took me to see the flowers on temple square. Showed me some of the sights, then we met Bob and Twila in front of the Delta Center. Jack took his camera and took my picture in front of Jack Stocktons statue. Well to make a long story short, he must have taken 20 pictures with his digital. Then we went to the 6th floor where just Club Members are allowed to go and had a smorgusborg type meal. First we ate our salads. I had shrimp, lobster claws, mushroom salad, potato salad, cheese of all kinds. Then we had the main course. I had chicken breast and artichokes, salmon, and potatoes. Then we had dessert. I had cream cheese cake, German cake cookies, Chocolate mousse, blueberry cream cheese pie and something else I had never tasted before. I couldn't eat all I had taken. Twila had lamb chops and Bob and Jack had prime rib. Of course we had fruits. The best pineapple, watermelon, canteloupe. honey dew. Needless to say I couldn't eat all of it. We drank lemonade raspberry drink.
There were 3 forks to confuse me, two spoons, and cloth napkins and tablecloth. Not Burger King.
Then we went down to the ground floor and sat right behind Bolerjack and Boone. Just a little to the side was Hot Rod. We could see into Bolerjacks monitor. Both the coaches stood up and shouted orders. Right straight across from us was Larry Miller.
I thought sure the floor was longer than it really was. It seemed so little and the players were so LARGE. I sat next to a man from Hawaii and he was such a joy to sit by.Helped me stand up and sit down. You guys I was treated like royalty. I didn't know how other people lived. Quite an experience. We got back home about 12:35 a.m. I couldn't unwind. I was so excited.
I didn't sleep all the way down and back. Jack wouldn't let me pay for a thing. He was soooo good to me. So were Bob and Twila. I will never forget them being so gracious.

Kinda reminded me of when I took Jack down for his eye surgery and Carson brought us our supper. Can you remember that, Carson? We ate on that good food for 3 weeks. Thanks!!

Barb and Steve took us down once and treated us wonderful, also. Boy, I am spoiled!!!
Everyone in the ward knew I was going. They think Jack was my boyfriend and expected I was going to marry him.

This morning in church Marley told me Nathan was getting his white jacket and was going to start working on live patients. I thought "so is Tyler".
I guess that is all for a few days. Love ya' ll . GMA

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh, grandma! I can't believe it! It sounded like you went on a cruise ship and ate all the rich and famous food! I am so glad you were able to "smell the sweat!" I can't believe it! I LOVE that! Thank you so much for sharing with us. You can write again if you have forgotten to add anything. I love to hear about it. We are definately not in that type of lifestyle.
You diserve every minute of the experience! You have worked hard, you disserve so enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I might add, Jack got ne a Jazz blanket and he got 2 for Facers. (He is their home teacher). And he bought me John Stockon's teashirt. The last one they had and he bought me a Jazz shirt. This a.m. he called and said he would send me the pictures if I would give him my e mail address. I can't do justice of him by telling you this on this blog.
He treated me so wonderful. Gma