Monday, June 26, 2006

A fable

There was scattered throughout the land many people/families connected to the name Hilterbrand. There was a queen Hilter organizer of family reunion that lived in the place of Spokane. This Queen Reunion Organizer put out a plea to all the families scattered hither and yon for 'Standing Tall' snippets for the Hilter reunion....and naughta Hilter responded.
When the time for Hilter reunion arrived...and all Hilters were standing tall...there was much sadness as Momma and Daddys realized that the bragging and boasting, encouraging and supporting of standing tall kidlets and grownups was not happening for their off spring. It seemed that EVERY snippet was about Queen Reunion Organizer and her family. They looked at one another and thought...we should have sent in a tiny little snippet about the time Bunker Bean obeyed and demonstrated standing tall...or I wish we had told Queen Organizer about the time Gma took back the 10 cents she was overpaid at the cash register. But alas and alack...it was too late and Momma and Pappa of related Hilters was disappointed they had not participated thinking ....next year we will do better (!)...how hard was that (?) ...we could have taken a FEW minutes and done that...DRAT!
The Moral: Send it snippets of Standing Tall moments to Queen Organizer - today...three sentences will do. arlene@frogbody.com
ie Austin saving pennies...Conner taking good care of his puppy...Kade working hard to advance in Karate....Amanda practicing to improve her musical talents...Rhett whistling while he works! Cub Scout? - baptisms? Being honest? Doing hard things? Oh...please,
Signed
The Queen Organizer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay...Good reminder in a nice way. I have 5 little standing tall moments in my head and will get them to you. You can count on me for 5.

Sister of the queen: bbprincess.

Anonymous said...

mother of the queen: I appreciate what you have done for the reunion.
Thanks, thanks. I am not sure what you want from me????
"everyone of my family have been to the temple." This is my proudest blessing. gma

Anonymous said...

One of my big blessings is Barb has organized all my pictures. She has worked two weeks or more on it. THank you, Barb.

gma

Anonymous said...

I have some, but waiting for them to actually happen!!!! give us until the first of July please Queen, I promise I will obey. I want to remain part of the castle! princessbev

Anonymous said...

Bev...I am a patient woman...(tee hee) Looking forward to your snippets! Thank you for helping out.'
Arlene