Saturday, July 22, 2006

Happy Birthday, Marcia!


"You've have a birthday, shout hurray!
We want to sing to you today.
One year older and wiser too...
Happy birthday to you!"

That's right, it's my big sisters birthday! Isn't she beautiful. I still think she is.

A couple things I really love about Marcia....

I like how she is always appropriate and considerate of others feelings.

I think she has a big heart and is super compassionate to others...esp the elderly and less fortunate.

I really like how loyal she is to her family. I know her family means alot to her. I love how she loves Doyle. He is still her Hero! She still even acts a little "giddy" about him. Isn't that neat? What a blessing to you Rumsey boys.

I know she has a strong testimony. She knows what it means to exercise her faith. I remember how her and Doyle taught us how to "Isaiah fast." I think she has a personal relationship with her Heavenly Father. She follows the Prophet.

I like how she has her priorities in line with the teachings of the Gospel. She knows what really matters in life and focuses on the things of most worth.

She is a hard worker. She is a good nurse. She's smart!

She is always clean and modest...in her apparel and her attitude.

She can make the best french bread and chicken and noodles...yummmmm! She makes good jam.

A few things I know she likes is cocoa, a pretty white blouse, chickens, her church calling with Doyle, Elvis...that's right...Elivs!, when she can get together with family, going to the temple, beautiful plants...esp pansies, a clean house and good food.

We are all blessed by our association with this wonderful sister of mine...

Happy day, Mar! We love you!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! WE love you Marcia...Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one and know that there are loved ones thinking of you up in Spokane. Love Sam and Jill

Anonymous said...

ELVIS! (said with a crinkle in my nose) I would have never guessed that. That means she's got a little spunk! I love to know that!

I love that Marcia loves to read, she is always willing to open her home, heart, and kitchen to whoever comes at whatever time. I love to sit in her kitchen eating something yummy and talking about stuff that really matters!
Amy