Beverly took me to my class reunion. She drove up and back. Bless her and THANKS!! I went to visit me brothers that are so poorly. I had time before I was to be to the reunion. Merrill has been real sick with his neck surgery. They had to remove 2 parathyroids. They had a tumor on them plus he had too much calcium in them. so they took two out. He really looks rough. (Arlene is poorly too. I think her problems are caused by her weight.) I think he (Merrill) will be okay. He has such a good dr. from India or Pakistan. His name is Rahim. Boy he is an excellent doctor.
Then we went over to see Owen. I thought Merrill looked bad, but Owen is worse. He can't stand up. His knees froze up on him when he had his heart attack and had to have 4 bypasses. He didn't walk for so long he can't bend his knees. He cries a lot because he is so helpless and has so many problems. He usually laughs and jokes, but not this time. He said "I guess my fishing days are over. " He had to give up his temple calling he had had for 17 years. Then Merrill called me tonight and said Owen had gone to church and he passed out again. There was a dr. in the audience that gave him resusitation (sp ,CPR) Or he would have died. He wasn't getting any oxygen.He has passed out several times. Sure worries me.
Then we went from Owens to Johnny Carinos for the reunion. There were 17 of us there. But only 12 were graduates. Nine were girls. Bev took our picture and developed them for me. There were 3 men. The rest were mates. Mostly widows.
When I was in the 8th grade there were 8 of us girls.
Two have died and there were 6 of us there.
We really had a good visit. So glad I went. Before I left home I was sad about my wrinkled face and my thin hair, but after I got there they were all the same and I didn't feel so bad. They either had a cane or hearing aids or both. I was the youngest one there.
I am going in for my last physical therapy friday. If I pass the test I won't have to go anymore. My last day there I had to lay on the floor and then get myself up alone. I did it. He will evaluate me. One thing I have to train myself to walk with my head up and stand
straight. THis is my worse fault.
While I was in there taking my therapy another car rambed me and wrecked my front bumper. I will not drive a wrecked car, and have everyone say "That old lady needs to give up driving".
So I will take it in this week and have it fixed. While it is there I will drive Jack's pickup. It was a hit and run by a white car. O my gosh, I never noticed it cause it is on the passenger side.
One more thing. I want to thank Carson for fixing my computer. In 4 days I would have had 435 pieces of junk. Merrill and Arlene have had it so bad they had to change e-mail addressess.
It is time to go to bed. Love gma
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Just a little update
Posted by
Anonymous
at
10:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
MOm. I'm so proud of you for being willing to work at getting strong and balanced~ You got up all by yourself???!!!! that is so wonderful!!!
He has helped you build your confidence! I'm so glad that you've gone to this therapist. You did the right thing!
It shows me also that a persons body is a remarkable thing. I'm trying harder to take care of mine.
I feel bad for your brothers. You're the healthiest one of the Walker 7. I know you love your siblings so much...
You're awesome mom. WE are proud of you!!! Stay healthy and live long! We need you.
Mom, I enjoyed this post and our good visit today.
I grieve with you about Uncle Merrill and Uncle Owen...I hate that they are poorly. I have many good memories of them teasing one another and making our reunions with them fun.
I am so glad I meet Troy, your physical therapist. I really like him. You are stronger than you were a year ago...isn't that great? And all the things he has taught you.
Whoopee Ding.
I love you Mom....Arlene
Oh, grandma thank you for the update. It is so good to hear from you. You have the busiest life of anyone! You are suppose to be slowing down. I am glad I have your example and determination. That is so good to hear you are doing what it takes to take care of your body. That is so important. Thank you for the wonderful example.
Love Amy Dawn
That is so neat grandma that you could get together with friends from so long ago. Sounds like you are really doing great. WE love reading about you and the weekly things that keep you busy. You sure are amazing. We love you Grandma!! Love Sam, Jill and Fam
Post a Comment