Tribute to the Twins: September 17, 2006
Their birthday is September 27, 1982. Shelley Sue and Ryan Hugh.
The famous question when the twins were born was: “Oh, you have twins (where’s your sign?) What are they?” My reply was “a boy and girl”. They would then ask, “Oh, are they identical?” (they either didn’t hear or thought there was a possibility that two babies of the different sex could be identical).
Ryan was the perfect gentlemen and allowed his sister to be born first. Knowing Ryan, he had to do the final goodbyes, which took an hour and a half later, before he would come to earth. Ryan was considered the “special” child and Shelley the “shy” child. There were a lot of years that Ryan protected Shelley as a youngster.
When they reached the 2nd grade, Shelley no longer wanted to be in the same class as Ryan. I asked her why? She said that the teacher couldn’t get him to stop baaa-ing like a lamb and it was embarrassing her. That was the year Grandpa Jack had given Ryan a bum lamb to raise so every time the teacher would ask him a question he would answer with the baa-baa!
Ryan was an undefeated wrestler through the 9th grade. His love for animals and people has increased with age.
Shelley was doing her own hair since she was 2nd grade. It got to the point where mothers of the kids that rode the bus would call her in the morning and ask her to do their hair on the bus for them. This was happening in the 4th grade. She even did Ryan’s!
So how could they possibly be identical? Well, I will tell you how…..
1. They are both sensitive
2. They both are very forgiving
3. They are both givers
4. They are both hard workers
5. They both love to count their money!
If you want someone to laugh with, cry with, work hard with and never complain, someone who is spiritual, (a heart like his and child like) can be loud or soft, and truly loves babies, just call Shelley and Ryan.
Ryan made the winning field goal for the Shriner’s football game.
Shelley won honors with the hair competition in Pocatello.
Shelley was the greatest support team while Ryan and Jordan (Shel’s husband) were on their missions.
She never missed a week writing to them, sending them packages and keeping herself on a high spiritual level.
There were many, many days Shelley would call me and commit to me to rededicate her life to do better and want to read the scriptures more, pray more and do more for others all to keep herself worthy of the man of her dreams. She made enough money while Jordan was gone to make the down payment on their house! If you want to go to a home where there is love, complete gospel living and lots of generosity….go to Shelley’s! She is the hub of the wheel in our family. Everybody likes Shelley and calls her.
Ryan who is equally gifted. He is the “PR” man of the family. Now working at IHOP as a server. He is a trainer and makes a wonderful wage. Customers write him love notes on their napkins and give him cool notes of appreciation. When they come to IHOP, they want to sit where Ryan is serving. He can speak Spanish to the cooks, which you can hear when you are sitting at the table. He has his favorites that come in a “holler” across the restaurant….”Hey Ryan….”Come talk to us, will you play this game with us?” He is considering transferring to Riverton where they are opening a new restaurant and he will make even more.
While at Winger’s Shelley’s baby was fussy, Ryan took baby Mason and cuddled him and he instantly quit crying!
No greater love than these two have for each other.
(And they said I could NEVER carry twins!!!!)
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Twins Birthday
Posted by
Anonymous
at
10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It's true. They are identical in those ways. This is my double testimony. Jenni
(First, Carson...you are a genius to get this on the blog. Thanks!)
I love this tribute to 2 awesome kids. Happy Happy Birthday! Indeed!
You're turned out to be beautiful adults. We are all glad you were born into our family!
You are a joy!
I sometimes forget you are twins...but seeing the picture from baby to now...so sweet...you are identical!
Hugs to you....Arlene
I have never seen more perfect pictures of little dolls. Ryan in his cap, Oh they are cute. Everyone of those pictures are sooooooooo good. I can remember at Shelley's wedding when she said "I am not getting married until my little brother gets here" I think she meant it.
I think Bev has a wonderful family . They are all good. They
make me proud. Jordan must be just like Shelley,
to be so kind. I love every one of them. GMA
Such cute pictures of those two. WE wish you a very Happy Birthday too!! WE sure are glad your part of the fam!
Sam and Jill Fam
I have another comment...I like the pic of them in the pickup the best. Why didn't we enjoy those days more? Cute little kids...
Well, I think there is a little too much twin going on here...let's not forget about the great 4 that raised the twins and put up with us. Then there's linzy...the one who got a rock on the tailbone because she wouldn't listen to Ryan...see they aren't so innocent after all!!:) Thank you for your wishes, I love you all...If you are wondering what we are doing for our b-day it will be...breakfast together (I-HOP) Exchange of gifts, if shelley has one, if not it will be giving of gifts...work...CIRCUS!! I actually have a date with a girl whose b-day is the next day! :) So we are also celebrating hers as well!! GO TEAM!
RYAN
Post a Comment