Linzy Ann was born on Oct. 13, 1984. Every 7 years we celebrate her birth on Friday the 13th. She is our "lucky", better put, "blessed" baby. With serious difficulties after birth, she miraculously pulled through. Showing her true colors of determination, Linzy has never disappointed me with her successful life.
Being the youngest of 14/7, she has over come many obstacles with her winning spirit. Linzy does not take no for an answer. (however note worthy, Linzy did tell her abusive stepdad "NO" one time, the only child of all to have what it takes to do that!!! linzy had wiped a bugger on the carpet and Kent told her to clean it up, she said, "no". He started after her, she ran down stairs, I said you lay one finger on her I'll call the police.High-5 to Linz! She potty-trained herself, taught herself to play the piano and violin. I told her no, she would stay up after we had gone to bed to learn to play the piano, one key at a time.....she can now play hymns. She has never had a lesson. She wanted to play the violin...I said NO. She got an old violin I believe from Roberta in Colorado and started learning on her own. She proved me wrong. She plays very well. (after 2 years I finally did give in to lessons.)
Being the baby, some would say she spoiled..., others would say yes, but independently so. I would say as one fellow baby to another.....not spoiled, just know what we want!!!!
I think her greatest love in growing up was gymnastics and track/high jump. She won many honors in gymnastics. Her best at high jump was 5'7" at Minico. She took state as well. She now is the assistant coach at U of U. ...and proud of it.
I would say Linzy's defining moment was when she was an EFY participant and then a counselor. This was a great honor. For a girl, the numbers are very high to be accepted as a counselor. If you have noticed on her personal blog, her motto. I am a daughter of God. She gets it. Linzy always was told this...but now she knows!!!! Childhood was difficult with all the trials that came...when she left home she had some difficult moments....but because of her flawless testimony she is stronger and even more determined to keep her standards high. She has been known to walk out of R- rated movie with her peers, she is NOT afraid to tell you where she stands on her beliefs. linzy can tell it like it is, blunt, honest and to the point. Some take offense to this...others appreciate it.
If I was to give Linzy a tribute of who she is, it would be the famous quote: "There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent, hinder or control, the firm resolve of a determined soul."
Linzy's greatest fan upon whose lap she sits!!! Bud. Both with very blue personalities, they are like peas and carrots. Linzy respects and loves Bud at a time in her life when it was just what the doctor ordered. linz loves popcorn, dr. pepper, airheads and gifts. There is no gift too small or too big for Linz. For her...a symbol of true love!!!!
Linzy is a mover and a shaker. She is a team player. If I want something done, call Linzy. It is done. Her pet peeve is people that don't keep their word. She is a take charge kinda gal. She is a perfectionist which can drive people crazy like me that are not. She loves computers and has an ideal job with American Classifieds. Her dream job is to work for the church doing the ensign.
Linzy is a very good friend with great faith. Thank you linz for allowing me to be your mom. Happy Birthday! mom
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Last but not least....another birthday!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Linzy, I love you too! and wish you a very happy birthday.
I agree with all the great things your mom has written. YOu are one special girl who is a great blessing to all of us.
I LOVE you just the way you are. Thanks for your great example and outstanding talents and accomplishments.
I really love that picture of you and Bud. He is a "dad".
Thanks Momma!! Everyone says I am just like you!! So, hurrah to you too!!! :)
she is definetely awesome. Her husband has got to think that he is the man. I am sure that he is reminded that it is to be her birthday, and that there are plenty of items that she would like to receive. I bet her birthday is even more special to her than Christmas because no one else gets to share the lime light! Happy B-day Linz!!!
happy b day from us too. we love to read your blog and are impressed all the time with what you have to say. i sure hope D stepped up to the plate and celebrated it right with you!
sam and jill
Hey, Linz....after reading Dusty's comments...is your birthday your favorite holiday TOO? IT IS MINE. WE ARE JUST ALIKE!!!! mom
Needless to say, "I love you Linzy". You are my favorite youngest grand daughter. If there ever was a perfect image of some one it is you and your mom. If I ever couldn't find something, all I had to do was ask Bev to find it.
She not only knew where it was, she knew everything that was said regardless of how quiet you said it. We often said Bev was adopted, cause she was so intuitive. SO ARE YOU !!! Happy Birthday, Gma
OH Miss Linzy...what a nice tribute your Momma wrote. I think you are just as amazing as she does...so it must be true.
We love you.
I was surprised how much Brackon looks like you in that first picture! I thought he was all Dusty...but not so.
Hugs..and Happy bday.
Arlene
I'll second everything said about Linzy Lou Lou. Happy B-Day Linz! Love ya.
chad
Post a Comment