Saturday, October 21, 2006

Living Prophets

Hi family
I just wanted to share my thoughts this afternoon. Two Sundays ago, I taught a lesson on living prophets in our day, and because it was right after conference, it was really great to testify of living prophets. I have recently learned for myself that "living" means they have breath or there is current life in the revelations the prophets receive for us today. This morning, I relistened to the Sunday afternoon session of conference, and it was really awesome. I love how honest and frank our prophets are. Elder Bednar's talk on not becoming offended, was so awesome. It reminded me of the phrase we heard so often growing up. We were told to "make a new choice." In other words, it is our choice to become offended, and often the fact that we have become offended suggests that we are the ones struggling with testimony or belief. I also loved the talk from another session about patience and charity. It seems these two talks tied together for me. If I have patience and love for my leaders or my family or whomever, then I won't become offended. All of the talks at conference were phenominal. Don't you love Elder ? who said that if we want an angel or heavenly messenger to speak to us, we should just read the scriptures. That is what they were always quoting to Joseph Smith and that is what they would tell us if they came to guide us in our life. Also, Elder Holland's talk was so awesome when he said that our prophets are in tune with our day. That is so true. There was layers on layers of things that helped me or applied to my life. So I thought I would invite my little family to take a second look at our past conference and think of how you've applied the revelations from God to us, and then to repent and just do it! I know I needed it today. Love to all, Jenni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Sunday afternoon talks were my favorite. I had some personal revelation about conference. I thought before the conference started it would be nice if they sang....We ever pray for thee....and they did! I also thought, I am not getting what I wanted out of this...the VERY next talk was on the VERY subject I had concerns about!!!! ok..the church is true...Heavenly Father knows me and what I need!!!! I cried when Pres. H. gave his closing remarks and waved and kissed everyone. bev

Anonymous said...

Jenni...thanks for reminding reminding. I loved conference. When Pres Monson said he hesitated to conclude...I so agreed. I just lapped it up like a thristy puppy. How in the world would we survive without conference. Makes me want to be a better missionary.
Thanks for sharing....hugs...Arlene