
This Friday, we had the 'opportunity' to go to the doctor because the boys were sick. While we were in the waiting room the kids were playing with the toys and they noticed a 'candy' machine that was filled with little toys. The office uses it to help the kids feel like the doctor isn't so bad. They give them a token when they are done with the visit so they can pick out a toy. Well my kids were checking out the prizes and Megan opened a flap and a toy fell out. First of all the look on her face was almost comical. So she turned to me with this disgusted look and said Mom, I don't want this. I asked her to go and return it to the secretary. This was a little hard for her, besides it being an honesty issue, she couldn't see above the counter... so, on tippy toes she reached her arms up and said, 'this fell out of the machine' The receptionist told her she could keep it and Megan still said 'I don't want it.' I think she felt like it was tainted now and she didn't want a thing to do with it. She was fairly grinning when she came back from the counter. She finally decided it was okay to keep it. She felt good about herself and she got to keep the toy, Megan stands tall by being honest.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Megan Stands tall
Posted by
Anonymous
at
5:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh Megan! Thankyou for this story. It helps me remeber to be honest and that it feels so much better! Keep standing tall!
I love it when we stand tall...even when we can't see over the counter. Good for you Megan! Gma Arlene
I wonder where she learned about honesty. She is a sweetheart.
You are good parents..gma
Megan, I'm so proud of you for being honest and true. What a good example you are!
Megan...did you hear the conference talk about being honest. YOu are following the Prophet and making me
(Grandma Bodily) our Heavenly Father very proud of you too. Thanks for your good exmple.
Cute family picture! Way to Stand Tall. You are a good example,Megan.
What a girl! You are such a good girl, Megan. thanks for being such a good example to all of us!
I love the picture...I want a copy!!
Post a Comment