Today marks our anniversary. We would have been married 63 years.That is as far as the government is concerned. We were married as far as the SEALING is concerned August 22 1997. I think this is right. My memory isn't as good as it used to be.
I was coming home from Burley a few days ago and I wondered where my keys were. They were not in my pocket where I always put them. I thought I may have to turn around and go back to Walmart and see if aomeone had turned them in. When I turned the car off to look more thoroughly (guess where I found them.) Every once in a while I have lapse of memory.DUMBELL.
Bev was very good to take me to Utah for the chicken show. We met Marcia and Doyle and had a tour of Rees and Nancy's house. Just like a palace!!!!!. Then we got to go to the chicken show. I loved it. It was so much fun. They never rushed me and I got to look all I wanted to. It was really a highlight for me. I used to love my little chickens, peacocks, turkeys, ducks and geese. Jack was so good to help me with them. Bev was allergic to the smell. I never noticed it.
And there is Marcia, so good to send me medicine and help me with my health problems.
I owe her postage.
Arlene calls very often. I got to take the wheel walker to the chicken show. I was sure glad I had it. It is for my Christmas, birthday, valentines, and mother's day.
I sure enjoy the food she gave me. I can have it ready in 6 minutes. And it is so delicious.
I could not live so comfortable if it wasn't for how Barb is so good to me. It is important to have someone to be accountable to. It means so much to me to call her twice a day at least and tell her where I will be and when I will be home. She comes and does a lot of dirty work for me also. I hope she gets a paying job real soon.
The last time I called Merrill he was doing pretty darn good. Arlene is very miserable with her knees. He said Owen has been real hard to understand.
I never thought for one minute but what Owen had the best health of any of us. He has always been so healthy and worked so hard. But I called him and I could not understand him.I don't know what it is, but he slurs his words. He is right down in bed. Really hard on him. He was released from his temple calling after 17 years.
Gets very little sympathy.
I wrote to Dennis and sent him a picture of his mother and dad. I hope he gets to see the light before he dies. Only his boy is on the straight and narrow. His girls need his leadership.
I have been to the doctor lately and he thinks I am doing great. I go to the ear doctor, eye dr. dentist and internist. How about that? I feel good and am real busy.
I even get to go play dominoes this afternoon. If I don't I am afraid Ruth will not go with me visiting teaching. I hope I can keep her from falling through the cracks.
Nuf said, I love you all and love to hear from you. Gma
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
October 25, 1943
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, grandma, it is so good for you to remind us about your anniversary. I love to know that. I am so glad to hear an update. it sounds like it never slows down. Good for you for keeping up with everything.
Love you Amy
That was so sweet of you to answer so quickly. I know one of you read it anyway. gma
Mom it looks like the read version AND the Readers Digest version made it...I loved reading them both. I love hearing from you. I love how 'hep' you are. I love your good example to me and our children.
Arlene
Congratulations on all those years and STILL married. I am sure dad is very glad you are still married to him and looks forward to that great reunion. You are a great example to me. bev
Happy Anniversary Gma, you are an inspiration to us all. Such a rich heritige, thanks for sharing.
Carson
Good write up mom. We all miss Dad. We're glad you're still here to lead us and show us the way. We're thankful that you are in good health and "enduring WELl, clear to the end!" bb
Post a Comment