




Well, A chickhen show is where people go that really like chickhens, or where someone goes to TAKE someone they love to see the chickhens. They had 630 chicks in cages, displayed, judged and then some auctioned for proceeds to the association. They judge a chickhen on wings, legs and overall care and appearance according to their breed.
It was very interesting to watch and learn. It REALLY, REALLY smelled bad. I got a sinus drainage like no other from it. The funnest part was watching the people, mom, Marcia, Rees and Nancy, who really like chickhens. There is NOT just one kind of a chickhen. There are lots of breeds and lots of varieties. Dad would have loved to watch the 'old timers' strutt their stuff with pride for their of chickhen. It is kinda like register holsteins....but with feathers and combs. We had a great time. When I told Bud I was going, he told me to look for a very close friend of his. LaMar Butterfield. I found him. No one calls him that there...they call him Glen. His close friends like Bud and who he grew up with call him Butters. We also went over and saw Rees and Nancy's new home. Awesome!!! Great taste and wonderfully done. Rees said, Nancy was the general contractor, totally took charge....(except for the closest downstairs, we are giving Rees credit for that, HA!). From ground breaking to finish, 7 months, under budget!!!! You feel like you are in the glorified tree house. It is so cool.
Thanks for the fun day. bev
Thursday, October 19, 2006
What's a Chicken Show?
Posted by
Anonymous
at
6:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Bev...thanks for that good report! I should have gone...looks fun. I had no idea there are so many kinds. I like chickens too, but just statues (sp)of them.
Your GREAT pictures and good words captured the event for us. I loved it....even the smell....I love the picture of the four looking and Mom with her hand over her mouth..oh, you took such good pictures.
Chickens...hum...I guess I would like a few of the mutt variety in my garden...
Arlene
Is "chickhen" spelled....chickhen or chicken????? bev
Post a Comment