Sunday, November 12, 2006

Grandma Lois and her favorite daughter on her b-day....


What I remember about my mom: in no particular order...
Bill Allen (ask your mom for details), fried potatoes and milk gravy.....yum, the best ever. Teaching me to sew, I love to! Her honesty, never could tell a lie. Many trips to Colorado to help me with ALL my new babies. Sitting on the bed late at night and her telling me my babies were going to be ok. Rescuing me from Jared when he wouldn't stop crying from colic, loving me even when I didn't deserve it, never complaining when I asked for help, licorice ice cream and black poup, letting me watch romper room on tv and begging for cookies and milk like they had on tv, this I would watch while she was doing the laundry downstairs with the old ringer washer., letting me take tap dancing and making a bright yellow satin costume, instilling in me a love for music and flowers, making me go back in and apologize to the Louise Barlow, who cut my hair, when I threw the scissors out of her hand cause I didn't like the cut (still a little picky about my hair), going to church and sitting on the far right in the chapel.
Thank you mom for always being my mom and caring about me. Thank you for your prayers on a daily basis for me and my kids. Thank you for never losing the faith....even when you had to stand alone. Thank you for letting me be your daughter. I love you. bev


Not to detract....but I have a lot of Hawaiian decor. If anyone is interested I will give to you free of charge. I have tropical flowers, bamboo sticks, oil lamp things, lays, grass skirts, and more. If you want, call me or email me. I am going to throw away. I am de-junking my house in a big way. bev

1 comment:

amy said...

Thank you for sharing! We love you to g-ma Lois! We thought of you often today. We love you very much
Mauzy Family