I have been doing visiting teacher interviews all day yesterday and today. It was so cold at the church I had them come here today. That meant clean up a little. It wasn't that bad, but so many of them had never been in my house before. I didn't have Barb to bail me out. I still have about 12 to do. Not bad, had 86 to start with. The presc'y was good to come here and help. There were 4 of us doing it down to the church. We almost froze to death. It takes forever to warm up a church.
Did any of you see the Jazz game last night.? Wasn't that cool???? I loved it. I guess I won't fire Sloan for a while.
I went and bought groceries Tuesday. I had to get some medicine, and of course I got all the things so hard to cook. Like cottage cheese,yogart,carmel corn,and sour cream & etc. I got some new garments. I was in town quite a while. When I got home I had to refrigerate my eye drops and the things that go in a fridge.
Yesterday I tried to find my new garments. I looked all over the house, went back to the car, I couldn't find them any where. It makes me so mad. I put something away and it is LOST. Well, today I went to the fridge to get some yogart and guess what. There were my garments. All cooled off. I am afraid to tell Barb, cause she will think I am losing it. I have several SENIOR MOMENTS. I spend half my life looking for things. It just doesn't pay to put things away.
If I can't see them they are lost.
The brethern came and blew my lines out on my lawn. Barb and Steve hauled my squash in and they drained my hose and etc. Now I don't have to worry about the outside.
I could say I like winter if it just didn't get so cold.
I love my calling in the church. I love DUP, I love my quilt guild. I love my family,I love the Jazz. I love my home. I wish I could remember better. But I am just getting a little older. I love the blogs. ALL OF THEM. I wish I could put some pictures on the blog. I love to see the little great grands. They are all so cute. I love you guys and love it that you talk to me on the computer.
It is time to go to bed, thanks for everything you tell me.
I think Barb is very wise to tell us not to get a lot of stuff for Christmas. Just take care of our own families. We do not need a lot of STUFF.
Love to all, gma
Thursday, November 02, 2006
The longer I live the better I am ????????????
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gma, you're such an inspiration. I love how faithful you are. I have to do 6 hometeaching interviews this Sunday and I was feeling sorry for myself! And I love how you look at the bright side. That fridge story made me laugh out loud. "All cooled off." Ha!
G-ma, you are a hoot! you inspire me to obey and simply do what is right. is there any other option? and the fridge story! guess you probably let them thaw about before you wore them...just like getting a pound of meat out the night before huh.
sam
See Grandma...funny funny Grandma.
See Grandma...dedicated dedicated Grandma.
See Grandma...valiant valiant Grandma.
See Arlene..lucky lucky girl to have such a Momma.
YOu are our star mom! We don't care if you put your undies in the fridge, you're still the best ever! Thanks for all you do to support and pray for and love all of us kids and the grand kids. Dad would be proud of you. (He'd get a kick out of your forgetfulness too.)
Post a Comment