Sunday, December 31, 2006

McComas Christmas



Having Amy and her family home has been the best. I am actually home alone for a few minutes. We have had the best Christmas season. All our family here...there is nothing better! We feel so blessed.
Our family is changing. We have reiminised and laughed and cried together.
Some things I want to remember:
The Mauzy's crawling out of their 'sardine stuffed van' and hugging them. My, our tiny Sarah (who later played the role of Baby Jesus) has sure grown! See her peeking out of Grandpas' coat?
I have not heard that precious perfect baby cry - yet, can you believe it?
Sams kids waiting for the Amazing Mauzys (above photo - Actually I want it right here but blogger has other ideas?)

The 'service' gifts our children gave to us this year. Carson and family - making hygeine kits, Amy and family each picking a service to do...Mark seeking out and adopting a prospective Elder as a home teaching companion, Amy making and sharing granola with new friends in SLC, Autumn - found a special "moose" gift for her teacher at school, Brooke - made a gift for a friend, and Spencer picking out some balls for the nursery. Sarah - growing bigger. Sam and family hosting us to "An Evening to Remember" for our anniversary (will share pictures on my blog....later), a romantic evening we really will remember. Sam making me a new 2 foot by 2 foot by 3 inches thick cutting board. Cody and Ariel buying AND intalling a firepit for us in the backyard. (Yes, we have already roasted weiners!)
While Betty was here Rick - Arlene and Betty, went to the temple. (I am going to get more names ready for this summer so we can all do some sealings...very nice, we have a temple five minutes away, did ya know?)
The entire family jumping on board and helping me make 100 'tiny Kings' for my Sunday School class - at the last minute.
Playing charades and Rick acting out M. Jackson - glove - moonwalk and all....and giving the clue 'this is a good thing' for Martha. Now, would you please tell me how in the heck Rick even knew that? The best part of that was watching Cody laugh until he fell off the couch.
When we are all together it is hectic and noisy and messy and wonderful. Yesterday Jill asked me where something was and I told her I wasn't even sure where my underwear was.
Now, today they are all doing other things and I already want them all back making noise and messes.
Where on earth is heaven? Is it very far? When you're with the ones you love - it IS right where you are!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute family...I love the red scarfs. You guys look happy.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family. You all look so happy. gma

Anonymous said...

Hap Hap Hap-py for you!

Anonymous said...

I loved the story about Rick-and Cody! Jenni

Anonymous said...

one more thing...you look dang skinny Arlene. I know it comes at a price...good for you!