I forgot to blog Buddy's birthday. I'll tell you why...because he is so low maintenance and would not want the lime light that I just completely forgot. Naughty me.
Bud was born on Jan 5 in Salt Lake City. His uncle was Kentucy Fried Chickhen's partner. His dad was in the stake presidency for 2 complete stake presidencies, 20 years. Bud said that he has had almost every apostle in his home during that time. Bud has served in 4 stake presidencies as a high councilman. Bishop and counselor to the ward we are in now. He loves being in the CTR 4's. No leadership meetings!
If you want a man that never complains and tempermant stays steady and calm..it is bud you want.
If you want a man that kinda sneakers when he laughs, crosses his right leg over his left leg and raises his foot perpetually and has the latest style shoes.. you want bud.
A good steak and fudge are his favorite foods. He loves to watch people and figure out their story. He is an anonymous giver. He loves to deliver flowers to make people smile. His second love, after me of course, is his yard. He is very clean and tidy. If he gets emotional he will put his hand up to his mouth in a fist shape and try to clear his throat. (I love that about him.) He has a 5th sense for knowing my needs. He said when he dies he wants to be remembered with these words: "Bud was an honest, hard working man." His favorite hymn is: Because I have been given much I to must live. That is his motto for life as well.
One time I was at Rachel's getting my hair done... Another client was there....Rachel asked me where Bud was..I said, Well, he is going to the mall to do some shopping and then he was going to clean the house, do the laundry and go buy groceries and fix his own supper. The client raised up out of the sink and said, " where is a man like that'!?! Bud absolutely loves to shop. He loves to buy me clothes. He said that he would rather do his own housework because I am not his slave.
Buddy has tried to be good to my kids and support them through the last 8 years. It hasn't been easy. He just wanted to be the "grandpa" figure. There was only Rachel married when we came into his life.
I have learned from Bud...this too shall pass and we'll get through it somehow. Lifes' experiences have taught him to wait upon the Lord. That is called patience. He is a very patient man.
I love him and so glad he is in my life. Happy...late birthday bud and hope 2007 brings you all the blessing you deserve. bev
Here are the pictures from his parties. We went to Utah and the girls put on a really nice supper and then we dance DDR and then his kids had a day for him here.


Sunday, January 21, 2007
How Could I forget....
Posted by
Anonymous
at
3:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy late Birthday, Bud. Thanks for being so good to my mom and us kids!
Happy Birthday from Barb and Steve too.
We truly love you and appreciate what a wonderful husband and father you have been and still are.
YOu are a good grandpa and we are blessed to have you in our family.
Thank you very much for giving all of us lots of love. All the Harmans I know have a reputation of giving and giving. Nice trait.
Wishing you a great 'nother year.
You're a good buddy!
hugs. barb
I missed your blog. Happpy Belated birthday. They keep right on coming don't they? Better than the alternative. We all love you, Bud. I am so glad Bev has a husband that loves her. Lois
Post a Comment