Well, this is my fourth year in helping plan the March Birthday Dinner Celebration! I'm looking for ideas!?!? If you have one that stands out please don't hesitate to share! THANKS!! Rachel
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Have a green theme...."The Saints" Patty day. Everyone must wear green, food is green,when assigning the food tell them anything green. 'hair' could be green...entertainment is "green", meaning first time like a greeny performance..call out of audience to make it first time.. or tell stories of scripture incidences where the character in the scriptures first "greeny" experience...like Enos going to prayer...J.S. first 'greeny' prayer, cut out green clover leafs.. I have some decor...
forgot to sign my name...your mother!
Rachel....I don't have an idea...but I do know the ones I have liked the most have these elements...
Is it just for the women - no husbands...
I come home knowing that Heavenly Father loves me
That I am not alone -Relief Society...IS A RELIEF.
Aunt Arlene...and by the way...I think you would be the best event planner..no wonder you have done it for four years!
I like a theme that emphasizes sisterhood. I love knowing that I have "sisters in Zion" who are like a second family to me. I like knowin that Heavenly fAther gave us Relief Society to help us help each other....bear one anothers burdens...laugh together cry together.... "Hearts knit together"
I like spiritual stuff...sharing from the heart...sister to sister. I think it unifys a ward.
I don't want to "get my girdle on" an go to it, unless I am spiritually fed as well as physically.
Thanks for all of your tips!! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Rachel, you have an awesome responsibility. I remember when we had a good R. S. celebration for the R. S. We had all the people participate that we could. We wore different hats. For example: Someone wore a chore hat, cause she did chores, another wore something to resemble a piano, another wore a cooking pot cause she liked to cook, another wore a scripture hat cause she always read her scripture. Just and idea. Ignore it if you want. It depends on the sisters in your ward. But always have something that gives credit to the organization. I LOVE R.S. gma
Post a Comment