Monday, April 23, 2007

Do You think your smarter than a 4 year old????

Last Sunday Conner, Gabe and I were waiting for Jared to come out to the car. Conner said, "Mom I forgot my little fox swiper in my class room." I thought he was pretending so I said, "No I see him sitting beside you." He said, "No mom that's a wrapper" (there was a candy bar wrapper beside him) So I made one more attempt, "Oh Con I see him under your seat." No Mom I left him in the classroom. So I thought maybe he really isn't pretending. Okay let's wait till dad comes out and I will go in with you. So I waited to see if he would bring it up again when Jared came out and sure enough he did. So we went in and looked all around under the table, in the garbage, and no swiper the little fox. (So I was consoling him) I am so sorry Conner I don't see him. Then Conner said,"Maybe we left him on the bench in sacrament mtg. He went and looked on the bench and I waited at the door. He came out with a big grin on his face and a clinched fist. At this point I knew it was all pretend !!! Can you believe it!! Now just wait it gets better. We got out to the van and he opened his fist and let go of him onto the bench. Here ya go Swiper, and then he buckled him up. He talked to him all the way home. I had to hold it in until we got home, I was about to bust a gut. Jared was looking at me like what is going on. Did you get his fox? Well where is it???? Well, it was all pretend Honey. Jared said, "And you fell for it?" I will tell you the whole story when we get home. --Jana

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is soo cute. I hope you print off all these stories for a journal! I want to write a story about the fox swiper now.

Anonymous said...

Jenni, There is a swiper on Dora the Explorer and he is a naughty fox. He is always trying to swipe Dora's stuff. Conner has informed me that his friend swiper is good fox. I was relieved!!!

Sam and Jill Family said...

That is cute. I love how well kids can imagine and dream up wonderful things, people and places. My kids love Dora too!!