Well, Jared and I spoke and I just thought I would share a little bit about our talks. About a week before conference Conner came home from primary and wanted me to teach him "I love to see the Temple" So for 2 weeks everyday 2 -3 times a day I taught him the song. He was very determined and hasn't ever wanted to learn a song so bad. Everytime we sang it, it brought a beautiful spirit into our home and a desire to go to the temple more often. Well, about a week ago I had a feeling that we were going to have to speak. And sure enough the Bishop asked us if we could talk about the blessings we receive from going to the temple. So looking back I know Conner learned that song so he could sing it in sacrament meeting. I basically explained and had him come up from the audience. He sang it word for word and really brought the spirit into the meeting. It was absolutely beautiful, I don't know if there was a dry eye in the room. After sacrament meeting was over. People came and said how wonderful the meeting was and couldn't believe how brave Conner was. I am so proud of Conner. What would we do if we didn't have kids, to bring the spirit into our homes and our lives? I am so glad I am a mom. --Jana
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jana, you deserve a pat on the back.That was wonderful. Maybe you could have him sing it for us.When kids are little they soak the gospel up like a sponge. It is wonderful you are teaching him so good. You will never be sorry. I love what you sre doing. gma
Wonderful! I would have loved to hear all of you. You're doing the greatest work you could ever do! (BE A MOM!)
auntie barb
sounds like it would have been great to be there. aren't kids great. just last night jill and i were asking ourselves, "what did we even do before we had kids?" keep up the good work.
sam and fam.
Cool story Beanie,Jared
Wow That is so cool. Conner was inspired to learn that song! Kids are so close to the spirit!
Jenni
Post a Comment