Monday, June 18, 2007

I can now tell you!!!!!!

President Bodily said I can tell you that I am going to share my home with the full time missionaries. They will have a bedroom down stairs and use my kitchen. I am real happy to do this. It will be like I was on a mission too. They will use the fridge in the garage and the outside enterance to the basement. They will park their car in back of the house. I am still in a whirl with this new opportunity to serve the Lord. The mission home will furnish them with twin beds and bedding. I will let them use my dishes and some towels and washcloths. They will honor my privacy by not coming down in this part of my house. They will not be allowed to use the computer or television.
I went to Salt Lake City to a DUP training meeting and while I was gone Bev, Steve and Barb came and cleaned out the "pink" bedroom and got it ready. They will come once more and help me get rid of a lot of stuff. I am so happy to know I am helping them with some good housing.
I will not have to prepare their meals. They will use the washer and dryer and dishwasher.
I will let you know about things as time goes by.

I am still going to get some genealogy done. It is sure a lot easier to work with Barb.
I like her to keep me straightened out. I will also be able to do my sewing.
Isn't this great?????
Well I will tell you more as soon as I know more. Gma

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get great missionaries like the ones we have right now and you will not have any trouble. You might have to tone it down a bit for the Jazz games, I bet it can get a little roudy around there at game time. Ha Ha
Jared

amy said...

Wow grandma. That is just great! I think it is wonderful that you are cutting the new mold for what is coming ahead. I can't think of a safer, more comfortable peaceful home than yours. I am glad you don't have to give up to terribly much to be a missionary yourself. I am proud of you for making such a big commitment!

Good for you Love from the Mauzy's

Anonymous said...

yahoo!! we are happy for you. i know i would have loved to live in your house while on my mission. hot water, carpet, working appliances, a dishwasher nonetheless!

yipee.

sam mccomas'

Anonymous said...

Wow Grandma. I am way impressed. Congrats! And don't be afraid to keep them in line if you need to. Some missionaries forget who they are sometimes!

Anonymous said...

This is gma speaking. I love all your words of encouragement and support. I have got my mind right as far as the missionaries are concerned. What I have to work on is getting rid of some of my sentimental holdings. You know I grew up during the depression and I keep thinking I may need some of this junk sometime. Hopefully not, I know I will be blessed. I love Barb and Bev and Steve for helping me get ready. Gma