I found out the missionary from Equador plays the violin and he is going to play it for Marcia while she is here.
They trade companions quite often. I have had them here that are from Peru & Equador.
They eat different from us. I asked them if they liked potato salad and they tried it, but they think it is sweet. They are not used to things that are sweet.
I went to the cannery and got some potato pearls and couldn't carry them down to my storage, so one of them did it for me. He was blown away that there was so much food. He wondered how many people could live on it for a year.
He also noticed a little bar of soap that I had picked up from the hotel when I was in one and you know how little and skinny they are. He picked it up and said it would last him a year in Equador. We have too much!!!!!!! You guys this is quite an eye opener for me.
I would hate for you to have to live like they do. I am so thankful to live in America and be so spoiled. They filled my water softner with the salt. They were amazed!!! Things are really different here.
This is all for today. gma
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Eat your little heart out
Posted by
Anonymous
at
8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my word grandma, I am so glad you are sharing some of the things with us. It is so interesting. I am glad they are there to learn from. Keep a good journal about all the things you are learning.
Enjoy the violin music.
Wow, that is amazing! Keep us posted! That is cool Grandma that you are able to do that!
Barb here... I was there when Elder Meza played for mom. He said, What do you want me to play? She said, Play me your favoirte. He played "oh My Father!" We all had a tear in our eye! So fun for mom.
Post a Comment